Dalby Aftermath- Snow Joking!

Nonsense Jerky- you should have joined us, cold we were not! It was a hoot to be out in the snow. I hope you will be joining us on the third of January to make up for it? Bring the PACE, we're going to put some bikes on display in the shop again if they will let us. Would be cool to get 4 or 5 square tubers together in one place.

You know what...sod it! pencil me in! (pencil only mind you as I should really be moving down to the south coast to start my new job on the 5th)

I'll gladly bring both pace if I do make it.

looks like you had more of a fun weekend than i did lads. i went down the nidd for a bit on saturday afternoon & ended up on my arse quite a lot..
decided not to stray too far on sunday either and did a tame route through birk crag/pinewoods, was headed round to hookstone woods when my chain snapped! of course forgot to pack my tool so sat down & smoked a few rollys under a black cloud of gloom & trudged/free-wheeled the 4 or so miles back home. not a happy bunny i tell thee!

as long as i get a new chain sorted i'll be well up for a decent dalby effort on the 3rd. unfortunately i'm workin xmas eve when my bro & his mates are planning their next one.

once again sorry i was a no-show :oops: looked beautiful in the snow...

Hope it wont take you that long to get a new chain!After a similar experiance a few years ago I never venture far without a multi tool,you can get around most things but a snapped chain,DOH!

Thanks for the write up, looks like you all had 'a grand day out'!

I'm in 2 minds whether I'm glad or sad that I missed it. My aging sensible half says glad but my youthful adventurous half says sad.

I could be on for the 3 Jan but there may be a 100km road ride the same day near Doncaster.

Which one to choose? Answers on a £5 note to me asap please ;)

PS - credit crunch - make it a £10 note.

I'd say you're better off riding with us I've done a few Donnie rides like the Tommy Simpson and they're harder than most road races!

MJN":1l4cu3tp said:
I'd say you're better off riding with us I've done a few Donnie rides like the Tommy Simpson and they're harder than most road races!

This one is the 'Goodbye Christmas Pud' one organised by Audax UK so may not be quite so frantic!

However, I rode it about 20+ years ago - and rode out from and back to Wakefield - and remember it being rather tough. That may have been because I was younger and couldn't resist having a go if anyone gave me the opportunity.

I'm a lot more relaxed about things now :cool:

Wow, thought about making the trip last minute but decided against it because of the weather. Pleased with my decision apon reading the aftermath. Would be up for a ride there later in year.

I'd missed this aftermath thread. It sounds great.
I was at a similar event on the same day and location. I'm sure it wasn't this much fun.

Only joking, 'twas a good laugh and I am looking forward to the redo.

Unfortunately the amount of air achieved on my 29er does not vary whether snow, ice or dust. It is always around 15mm.

Back