Rarest of the rare thread.

Re: My LeMond

John":3g7gi79h said:
wickedwheels":3g7gi79h said:
I just picked this up through a private sale. There were only 10 made! It's a LeMond "Z" mountain bike, Santana-made, from Record OR tubeset. I'd love to hear back from someone else who has one.

I love that bike. Didn't Bob Roll used to ride one when he rode for 'Z' off road or something similarly odd?

Team Z had a mountain bike team in france . They were riding carbon and steel lugged frames . Never managed to find out who made them . a friend of mine used to ride for them .

Okay-dokay...let's see...

Mavic 317 1inch headset
Avid Arch Supreme V brakes
Campagnolo over bar shifters (made for Micky Mouse don't you know!)
Mavic Paris Dakar Wheelset
Any item of BULA clothing (still have my headband from back in the day)
AlpineStars Wild Thing race shoes
Tomac ODI grips
Specialized 1.5" Hardpack Tyres
Avocet Computers

Ahhhh, the good ol' days... :cool:

Avid Arch Supreme V brakes
Mavic Paris Dakar Wheelset

You missed my Arch Supremes on eBay then?

There's a chap with a White Spider for sale in the classifieds with PD wheels on it - depending on how much you're willing to pay for them I could be interested in buying the bike and selling you the wheels.

hey Simon,

Were they your arch supremes??? Urgh, they looked sooo sweet aswell, but I had to be good....I have to wait for my current wheelset and brakes to give out before I embark on buying some more retro goodness... :(

Orders from the wife you understand... :)

I've got a Bula hat, looks a bit like a soviet army hat with fold down flap ears. White fun fur fleece inside, blue surf pattern outer. Looks bloomin awful. Oh well at least it will be something for the kids to take the pee out of when they have grown up and I'm sat in my bathchair smelling of tiddle.

Back