Just Arrived - Dave Yates!

stu

jammy git
Picked up the Dave Yates I won on ebay......very nice!

Odd but good mix of parts but I'll sort that out over the winter, the saddle is a place holder while I'm re-glueing the cover on the XO :D

DSC00662.jpg

Seller was a really nice guy so I asked him what happened to the original fork....he never got a P2 but did have a Rock Shox fork, he then rummaged in a box below his workbench and pulled out this....

DSC00661.jpg

1'' Aheadset steerer with bolted crown! haven't got a clue as to what needs doing, the brace will need replacing as one of the brake bosses has a bit missing :( cost me nowt though.....he chucked it in for free with the bike :shock:

Stu

Cheers :D

The bike also had some Uno stubby bar ends and an immaculate pair of the Shimano DX DH SPD pedals but I've already taken them off and cleaned them up to put away in my parts box....

I have a Salsa stem on the way and I need to sort out the brakes, they work really well but are a right mish-mash, at the rear it has LX cantilevers pulled by a Dia-Compe SS5 lever and the front is a STX-RC V-Brake pulled by a LX V-Brake Lever! The RST Mozo is not great but works fine until I can sort out the Rock Shox or a suitable rigid replacement.

Rest of the spec is as follows:-

Wheels: Shimano LX Hubs on Mavic M261CD Rims with Panaracer tyres
Rear mech: Shimano Ultegra
Front mech: Shimano Deore XT
Chainset: Shimano Deore with Tioga chainrings
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT Thumbshifters
Chain: Shimano
Seatpost: Kalloy 27.2mm
Saddle: Selle Italia XO
Headset: Dia-Compe Aheadset
Stem: Club Roost I-Beam
Bars: Ritchey Force Lite
Grips: ODI Tomac Attack copies (very nice!)

Stu

That would be cool.....or get some legs made to fit the RST or Rock Shox crowns (both bolted!).

Stu

stu":1byqdqqc said:
That would be cool.....or get some legs made to fit the RST or Rock Shox crowns (both bolted!).

Stu

Any frame builder worth their salt should be able to do that, 531c? I think so!

He,he :D

They can't be any more rigid than the Gumbos on the Fuquay, I'm lucky I still have any fillings left!

I feel the sale of some unwanted boingy bits happening in the new year....

Stu

Back