1979 Condor Audax

stuartg

Old School Hero
this was the first retro bike I did up some 2 years ago now. Was a complete rust bucket.

Took a serious amount of elbow grease to complete.

Shimano Golden Arrow througout.

Attachments

• 100_5359.jpg
    100_5359.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4,587
  • 100_5361.jpg
    100_5361.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 4,587
  • 100_5360.jpg
    100_5360.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 4,587
  • 100_5362.jpg
    100_5362.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4,587
Nice work dude. Especially like the colour. Is it to remind you how rusty it used to be and all that effort it took to restore :) . The arrow group looks great

Looks good, I've got some of the Golden Arrow and Arabesque kit on my Dave Russell. It works fine.

I'm a bit confused though by the h'bar lever for the front changer. The chain is on the little ring but the lever seems to be fully 'pulled up' in what I would consider to be the big ring position. Does your front mech work in 'reverse'?

I'm a bit confused though by the h'bar lever for the front changer. The chain is on the little ring but the lever seems to be fully 'pulled up' in what I would consider to be the big ring position. Does your front mech work in 'reverse'?

No just hadn't cabled fully when took the picture :D :D

stuartg":g27ypkfh said:

No just hadn't cabled fully when took the picture :D :D

OK, I understand now. Sorry to be such a nitpicker :oops:

Nice looking bike, Just needs the carradice saddle bag and your ready for a famous five style adventure, with lashings and lashings of ginger beer.

Used it for 2 years to commute to work, c40km round trip.

Had to carry laptop, suit, files etc, etc.

Good training though.

Back