1989 Specialized Stumpjumper - Update 5/11/09

Excuse the kitchen photo, but it was cold outside last night so the wife let me do the decals in the kitchen! :LOL:

So, here it is with the missing Stumpjumper decals added :cool:

I have another set of 7 speed wheels currently in the Proflex, but I think they may suit this bike more. Grey/black Ritchey rims, DX hubs and currently wearing skinwall WTB Velociraptors. May try them and see what it looks like :?

Attachments

• Stumpjumper.JPG
    Stumpjumper.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,056
Looking good Pickle. Agree with your comments about the wheels and tyres, I think it's more the tyres than the wheels though. Black stem and post with silver bars for me also, unless those are the originals ;) .

OE bar and stem, slightly more modern post.

I have a black post on the Zaskar, so may try it on this and see how she looks. But, as you say, I may do the tyres first to see.

Update

Wheels changed for grey/black Wolber rims on DX hubs, tyres swapped for Ritchey Z-Max's and saddle changed for my favourite Vetta TT Trishock.

Attachments

• Stumpjumper 3.JPG
    Stumpjumper 3.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,939
  • Stumpjumper 2.JPG
    Stumpjumper 2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 1,939
  • Stumpjumper.JPG
    Stumpjumper.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,939
Took it for its maiden ride today, and its perfect.

The ultimate bike in fact.

I am therefore not planning on changing anything else, so this project is finished.

Attachments

• DSCN2037.JPG
    DSCN2037.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,883
  • DSCN2033.JPG
    DSCN2033.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,883
  • DSCN2031.JPG
    DSCN2031.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,883
Pickle you've done an absolutley sterling job on that :cool: I'm still flabbergasted its not a GT :D

Back