Hard going in the gloop where you are?

I can't rest Paul, I get withdrawal symptoms ;) . I can't this weekend anyway, I've already arranged a big ride for Friday followed by lots of medicine (beer, curry & more beer). :D

My mate uses 1.8 Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, he likes them a lot.

I know those withdrawl symptoms all too well. Nothing worse than jonesing for a ride :shock: Take it easy for two days then... :D

you may be getting too much exercise.too much has a detrimental effect long time which is why most atheletes alternate the severity of their regime to prevent this...my guess is this is what is happening. :cool:

Schwalbe Black shark comes in a variety of flavours
1.5... 2.1... and 2.25

I plumb for the 2.1 as it still retains a good footprint to gain a little more traction on the rocks and roots

Attachments

• img_resize.php.jpg
    img_resize.php.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 867
Kona Paul":1bfcegxx said:
hamster":1bfcegxx said:
Depending on your mud, then narrower is often better as it seems to cut through better, and prevent clogging on the back. But getting decent 1.75's is hard these days!

True, but the tread pattern counts for a lot. Skinnier cut through and fatter roll over, but both still need to grip. Anyway, sounds more like Steve is under the weather, so tires aren't so relevant.

Absolutely agreed. Onza Rip used to clear really well. Pity it's not around any more.

Pricey yes.... but the wear rate is quite good. I have a pair on that are 2 years old that should last till the end of this winter :D

I'm running 2.1 Nobby Nic's on me ss and they're pretty good,not that expensive if you shop around either(a pair of tubeless ones cost me £60).

Have a look at the hutchinson toro's, a new mud tyre from these guys and came 10/10 ahead of both trailrakers and bontys jones mud x's in the last mbr mag ;)
£32 each but well worth it.

Back