Hard going in the gloop where you are?

I was a massive fan of the Trailraker 2.1 last year, but bizarrely have found Maxxis High Rollers pumped up to 50 psi to be amazing in the gloop! :? They really cut down through the mud seeming to find traction where other tyres can't. Not complaining though, it meant that I can ride them year round! :D (P.S. I don't work for Maxxis!)

Still tired this morning! Legs were aching last night in bed, kept me awake, maybe why I'm still tired eh?

I'll take a look at those tyres you've mentioned, probably a significant factor.

Ta
Steve

Don't just blame the tyres,form can go up and down quite drastically,or you may be coming down with something,the only times my legs ache are after a paticularly hard race or when a cold's on its way.I've also found summer specific tyres make winter rides more exiting :)

Depending on your mud, then narrower is often better as it seems to cut through better, and prevent clogging on the back. But getting decent 1.75's is hard these days!

sorry but had to say that this had no probs in the mud, but then I am weird.

Attachments

• theprovenwinterbike.JPG
    theprovenwinterbike.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 886
hamster":3vsub719 said:
Depending on your mud, then narrower is often better as it seems to cut through better, and prevent clogging on the back. But getting decent 1.75's is hard these days!

True, but the tread pattern counts for a lot. Skinnier cut through and fatter roll over, but both still need to grip. Anyway, sounds more like Steve is under the weather, so tires aren't so relevant.

Rest my friend. Take a week off from the bike, as painful as that sounds, and you'll come back fresh and invigorated. Sounds like you're wearing yourself down pretty good. We all have to listen to our bodies sometimes, as they usually don't say much unless it's important.

Too bad the internet isn't like that :LOL:

hamster":2m3cjbuy said:

I'm liking the Panaracer Fire XC Pro 1.8" at the moment. Really good narrow mtb tyre.

Back