who has a wii ?

I've had a wee today and I do have a will if that's any use?

Seriously- they've only just discovered Pacman up here, will be at least 5 years until Playstation arrives. By the time Wii arrives I will be wanting a colostomy bag to go with it.

CTK":2drjmli7 said:
MarioKart on the SNES- now that was a game!

stiil have it on my nes, and on my 64, and on my nds yet to get it for my wii though. xbox and psp dont get used much in this house. not played online yet apart to try out my nds

russ77":1o77pq5n said:
FluffyChicken":1o77pq5n said:
I use the Wii a lot to entertain the kids with the iPlayer, easy way to use it on the TV.

Can you do that? I bought Mario Kart to play online, just before my mates all sold their consoles. I'm too obsessed with Lego games to try anything new anyway.

Yes the encode most iplayer programs specifically for the Wii as the Internet app (Opera for Wii) only has Flash7 so cannot cope with the newer flash stuff.
Not as high quality as the current iplayer and not like the iplayer beta either.

But pop in to the Internet (you can get it for a few quids form the Wii Shop thing) the just go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and everything is Wii customised.
I don't zoom it to full size as it seems a bit jerky, so go one size down from full screen.
After a bit you don't really notice the quality loss on normal programs, kids could not care less either :D

my wife has a wii for her burfday....got some good games too....mario and sonic olympics,sport,family ski,and fit with board....she loves it and so do the horrors,i still pref my ps3 and psp...pssst i still hold the high score on the hulas tho hehehehe

Just to get the Friends part going

Your Nintendo Wii
has a specific number that you can intern share with other Nintendo Wii users as to communicate via Wii mail or even send your respective Mii's to other Wii consoles.

How to check for your Wii number-

-Turn your Wii console on
-Go to the "Wii message board" option located on the lower right hand corner of the Wii menu screen
-Go to the "Create message" option on the lower left hand corner of the screen
-There will be a icon that says "Address book", go to that option
-Once in the "Address book" option you should see a page with two arrow cursors on each side. Click on the left arrow cursor
-You should see page that says "This console's Wii number" and at the bottom your Wii number.

Mine is 3795 5643 5008 2594

re:

I have an 360 but I acctually doesn't use it, cause it's so loud. for serious gaming the ps3 is awesome and quiet! wiee is more entertainment.

Me and my friend spend the who afternoon playing some shit game on ps1 and had a ball! that's what the wiee is for, playing with friends...

I cant get use to the standard game controllers,which is a shame really as they have amazing graphics engines onboard,far more powerful than my pc for sure @ about a third of the price

I don't believe there's a developer console on these game machines either
But generally theyre very good games machines ,well worth its money
Online ,your limited to i think 16 players max as opposed to pc games of 64 players and there's no modding on games consoles

How do you pronounce wii in the UK?

It's "wee" in danish. When my kids (bilingual) ask me if they can have one I usually reply "just go to the toilet". And when they've been playing on someone else's they get "you were playing with his wii?"

My kids are very tired of me.

Back