Bike/Frame ideas

Shameless plug ;) , but would a Parkpre Scepter Comp be up your street or not exotic enough? It was a mid-range steel frame (£799 new complete bike) suspension corrected geometry (and race :? ) Rides wonderfully on the trails, just too big for me.

A plug for rekiborter

http://parkpre.com/technical.htm

Easy_Rider":g4oo1p55 said:
Shameless plug ;) , but would a Parkpre Scepter Comp be up your street or not exotic enough? It was a mid-range steel frame (£799 new complete bike) suspension corrected geometry (and race :? ) Rides wonderfully on the trails, just too big for me.

A plug for rekiborter

http://parkpre.com/technical.htm

Hi easy, nah not really what I'm after, I can feel myself moving slightly towards something a wee bit modern. Cheers though :)

Surfr":18xtpm8w said:
kaiser":18xtpm8w said:
Harryburgundy":18xtpm8w said:
Mmmm...ok, to continue the ramble....what new steel would you consider?

New steel I've thought about has been, cotic's, dialled bikes, charge dusters and a rather nice salsa on the bay at the moment. But TBH I'm not too aware of whats available out there today.

I've been looking at Cove Handjobs in the same variety as the above. Worth a look.

For some reason I can't get past the name :? Don't know why

Why not get an old steel Kona frame and put the parts of your choice on it, abit of retro/modern bike in both worlds?

guybe":38ubq9wh said:
Why not get an old steel Kona frame and put the parts of your choice on it, abit of retro/modern bike in both worlds?

Hmmm starting to sound like a fussy bugger, never really had that Kona feeling, like lots of builds but never totally wanted to own one apart from some of the Ti numbers.

A steel Independant Fabrication would fit the bill if your budgets big enough,very nice frame and they handle superbly.

MJN":1b1y9crl said:
A steel Independant Fabrication would fit the bill if your budgets big enough,very nice frame and they handle superbly.

Yes please :D but really pushing it now, I guess putting a figure on it would be £400 max

How about the Rock Lobster 853. You really need to see one in the flesh to appreciate them, they are very nice and very well specced too.

I would recommend a Cotic Soul or Soda if it's not a retro jobby...and if it fits into your budget.

EDIT: oops, see it's been mentioned, so I second that motion. Great trail bikes with great handling.

Back