Guyzer, just about finished

sunchaser":3vfinfka said:
Very rare.. built by a bloke with a beard in a shed... nuff said :D

Well thats more than I've been able to find out :LOL: I can't believe there's virtually no info on the web at all :? I've found one page with a trials frame he's built and all the other pages I've found are about this frame :LOL:

My mate sold me this frame & he got it off the original owner :? It's been sold back & forth a bit since then :shock: It's original owner had it made for him buy 'Mr Guyzer' real name unknown. It was built with RC31's, ti Syncos s/post & other trick bits from bitd :cool:

It rides very well, nice & light with a real whip to it. However handling can get a little out of shape on rough trails (it's defo not a burly frame, with those skinny Columbus tubes)

Enjoy... everyone else has loved it :D

Can I nominate myself as the next owner please?

(love that frame)

Black cranks look good too!

John":1n8p5e0r said:
What's the story with the guyzer frames?!?
built by someone called Guy (I think) based out of Hot Pursuit run by John Spurr in Totnes in the mid-90s. Had a chat with him when I was 14 in '96 about his frames, he recomended that I get the new ('95) A1 Rockhopper that was reduced on the grounds of cost and quality - not much of a salesman :) He an early S-Works carbon FSR (with the carbon monocoque front end) - they seem very rare.

btw, Hot Pursuit has some real exotica: John and his bro both had Specialized Ultimates (from 2nd batch I believe - FSX Judys, full M950 XTR and ti. accoutrements); some old man in his 80s - they called him "Colonel Kit Kat": apparently his was a retired Cl. from the army and his family were the originators of the Kit Kat bar - had 2 S-Works M2s with full M950 and Spinergys. They were a main Specialized dealer but also sold Litespeed. This was all mind blowing stuff to a kid from north Cornwall to whom a Rockhopper was exotic: £5k for the Ultimate frame... :shock:

I heard HP moved from the original Fore St location - anyone know if John still runs it?

Well I think we're just about done apart from the tyres as the ones I wanted didn't arrive :? so these are a temporary fix ;)

If I didn't have flu I'd be out riding right now taking some better pics ;) but these will have to do for now :)

p.s can't quite believe just how nice ENO cranks are :shock:

guyz1a.jpg

guyz2a.jpg

hot pursuit

I am the hot pursuit John Spurr,now living in France and riding my bike on the pyrenees. Its great to know people still remember

hot pursuit

I am the hot pursuit John Spurr,now living in France and riding my bike on the pyrenees. Its great to know people still remember

Back