THUMBS UP FOR CYCLING

SLIM

BoTM Winner
not so much as OT but .........

had a few problems the end of last year , with blood clots in the leg

damn scary i can tell you . anyway , decided i needed to get myself fit ( er )

so as well as riding at the w`end and a day in the week , started riding to work too

been felling a bit crappy at the moment , and the wife keeps saying its your blood again , o how they like to nag :LOL:
so off i go to the doc , full check over just to be sure , and she`s sitting there saying " its his blood pressure , doctor "

so he does a test just to be sure ,

the result was i now have the blood pressure of a 20 year old , not bad considering i will be 40 next year :cool:

so , a big thumbs up for us , keep pedalling guys

Couldnt agree more .

at that time last year , I was smoking too many , very little exercise .

after my disgraceful performance at cannock , I decided it was time to do something about it .

since april , i have gone to work everyday on the bike , even when my wife says that I can have the car .
managed to stop the fags for 2 weeks now , although I had cut down since april .
Only trouble I am unable to loose weight .
But I just feel a lot better now .

Ziggy":a9ge41qr said:
17 miles to work :( Wish I could ride but that's pushing it!

Treat yourself to a road bike. 17 miles is only 45 mins to an hour with a little bit of training.

It probably takes you 20-25 mins in a car :)

Russell":1xeok3mz said:
Ziggy":1xeok3mz said:
17 miles to work :( Wish I could ride but that's pushing it!

Treat yourself to a road bike. 17 miles is only 45 mins to an hour with a little bit of training.

It probably takes you 20-25 mins in a car :)

More like 35 actually... Hmmm - whap a spare set of slicks on the Saracen (should get it built next week!) & get some training in over the winter, purchase yet another bike in the spring... Save a fortune on petrol, avoid the jams, keep fit... Damn that's a good plan! :cool:

I did commute a couple of times 18 miles to work on slicks but it was about an hour each way - too much really. I now commute 2-3 times per week 10 miles each way and that's very manageable. Takes about 35-40 mins on slicks or 40-45 on knobblies. Do feel good for it - but as for weight loss - it doesn't do anything. If you've lost weight by other means (I ran for 6 months) then it'll keep it off, that's all.

I also take account of the petrol I am saving (about £3.50 on a return trip) and put that towards shiny bike bits :D (works out around £40/month)

did the 10 miles to work a few times over the past year its all up hill
and down on b roads took 50 mins at first but got 12 mins of it over a month was doing great till wifey was at a meeting not far from
where i work and saw me on the busyish b road just quite happily spinning
along ,i-pod in the ears and she freaked ,stopped the car (safley) and told me to put me bike (old eldridge grade with slicks)in the back of her car
and get in.
thing is she worries if im on the road so come the better weather what do i do ,gotta get fit and there's no other route to work (well there is but it's
commuter dual carrigeway and not safe in a car never mind a pushbike)
mike

Latest posts

Back