91 GT Karakoram elite Now updated

Fantastic looking bike. I had one of these BITD, it was my first proper mountain bike and got me into GT's for the next few years.
Unfortunately I only had it a few months before it got stolen.
Great build jlk. Good effort...

Really nice, looks very clean.

Had / have a 91 Karakoram (couldn't afford the extra for the elite when 14, bah).

Only small points I would mention is the saddle (put somethign less garish on), seat clamp (did these come with the frames? I forget, looks later to me) and grips.

Otherwsie love it :cool: Nice clean blue collar ride.

The seat clamp is original i have the same one on my 1991 team avalanche. I have a set of original spec AME grips on their way from the states and i have just acquired some richey megabite tyres for it to bring it nearer to spec. The thing im struggling to find is a decent condition seat i might have the original re-trimmed in leather to look mint.

original clamp - my memory is weak :LOL:

Got a link to the grips you found? Could do with some here.

Which saddle did it come with? My karakoram came with a quite boggo gt gel affair. Recall the higher end gts of the time jad gt branded saddles with copper rivets on.

Beat me to it LGF! :LOL:

seat_2_606.jpg

It was a GT Gel saddle wasn't even leather i still have it with not much cover remaining. in 1991 the avalanche and team avalanche came with the leather/ brass riveted saddle.

I got the grips off ebay in the states for $9 plus postage there are some on there now but in white.

Back