Superlight carbon road frame & Spinergy rear wheel SOLD

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Edit: sold

Donnay-stickered (but obviously not built) carbon tubed, alu lugged race frame from the late 80s/early 90s. Very similar to the Look frame I raced BITD, which was super-lightweight. Supplied with a Spinergy Spox rear wheel plus other parts: Shimano headset, Campag Italian BB, Cinelli stem, Shimano friction shifters, Campag rear mech, matching tyre for front wheel.

Both seat tube and top tube are 54cm. The frame looks to be unridden, and probably never built. All threads are perfect and what little steel there is shows no rust. A few minor marks from storage, but nothing significant.

Pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33175097@N ... 879010781/

Looking for SOLD the lot! Just take a look at this thread for inspiration.

Cheers, Gareth.

Attachments

• IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,626
  • IMG_3995.JPG
    IMG_3995.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,626
Just measured it again - just in case, like - and it is indeed 54x54.

I'm happy to lie about the frame size if that makes you change your mind? ;)

If this is still available I'll have it,

though god knows what I'll do with it, and if anyone has any idea how I explain to the wife why i need 5 bikes please let me know!

It is indeed still available, you have PM.

You 'need' this one because of your new, longer commute to work on Friday, which is mainly on road, right??

Cheers, Gareth.

martin_b":gjg7zjcq said:
though god knows what I'll do with it, and if anyone has any idea how I explain to the wife why i need 5 bikes please let me know!

Tell her this one is sexy and it reminds you of her.

Thank god someome is buying it

I was only seconds away from saying I'd have it

My wife would have taken some convincing it was the perfect Christmas gift for her but it would have been worth the effort

Still 7 road bikes would have taken some explaining

However, convincing her that my beautiful Hope Ti-Glide/Ti-dye wheels (just a bit further down) would be no problem at all, I would think ... ;)

If only they were Campag 10 speed

Though have to admit strugling to even convince myself I need 6 pairs of 10 speed wheels with 4 10 speed bikes is a challenge already

Back