Bike/Frame ideas

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm about to receive a Sanderson in the post (bargain from ebay)- seen them in my LBS they are nicely finished. 18" 853 frame on the bay for £300 at the mo.

Harryburgundy":1h3qmafa said:
Mmmm...ok, to continue the ramble....what new steel would you consider?

New steel I've thought about has been, cotic's, dialled bikes, charge dusters and a rather nice salsa on the bay at the moment. But TBH I'm not too aware of whats available out there today.

theboy":kvoufly0 said:
Litespeed. Mine has been fantastic, disc compatible, 100mm corrected (+ semi integrated headset so if you have a small frame like mine it doesnt jack the front up) light, well made, look good and they can be had for a god price too - oh, and they seem to hold their value, I have seen them go for more on eBay than I paid for mine in 2004 (same year, size, model). I love it.

Hummer's, Airbornes and Globals also seem to go for around the same price too, but, imho the Litespeeds are better made and look smarter.

one of the few 'retro' bikes that would hold up today would be the later Hei Hei's or even a score if you can find one (more aggressive geometry for the day, but about right by todays standards)

Good few for the list, would love a Litespeed and the Kona's tick alot of boxes too. :)

xizang":31vy5vvx said:
How about a DMR Trailstar. I've been thinking the same thing about getting shot of my susser and getting a 'do-it-all' steel hardtail. Can't afford a new one though, so I'm keeping an eye out for a good condition second hand 'un.

and perry

Not something that was even on my radar, worth looking into you think? How does the geometry stack up for 'normal' riding.

CTK":1x9ln0o6 said:
I'm about to receive a Sanderson in the post (bargain from ebay)- seen them in my LBS they are nicely finished. 18" 853 frame on the bay for £300 at the mo.

I have seen these too, will be interetsed to see pics andhear your opinions.

Re: Stumpjumper

Jamiedyer":fnei7djv said:
STUMPJUMPER ;)
You can never have too many Stumpys Kaiser!

Theres a nice one no too far from me, and possibley not too far from you either :D

Stumpy.........did someone say Stumpy

I know I will probably regret this, but please tell more ;)

(just to me not the other half)

Jamie

kaiser":1rcu3nqb said:
Harryburgundy":1rcu3nqb said:
Mmmm...ok, to continue the ramble....what new steel would you consider?

New steel I've thought about has been, cotic's, dialled bikes, charge dusters and a rather nice salsa on the bay at the moment. But TBH I'm not too aware of whats available out there today.

I've been looking at Cove Handjobs in the same variety as the above. Worth a look.

Back