2.4 are they to big

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Got a nice set of panaracer fire FR tyres off the bay for next to nowt but was shocked when I saw how large they were :shock: .

I think they will just fit the proflex and will def. fit the genesis but I have never used such large tyres before- are they any use?

Are they just for the downhill boys or is there a place for them? I thought they would make the proflex nice and comfy given the fact that my body is starting to reject me :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2ejpa704 said:
Got a nice set of panaracer fire FR tyres off the bay for next to nowt but was shocked when I saw how large they were :shock: .

I think they will just fit the proflex and will def. fit the genesis but I have never used such large tyres before- are they any use?

Are they just for the downhill boys or is there a place for them? I thought they would make the proflex nice and comfy given the fact that my body is starting to reject me :LOL:

well they will be nice and comfy... mmmm, voluminous :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: IMHO they will look a bit tractor-ish but try 'em out and if you like them then who cares :D

I had 2.3 rear / 2.4 front Spec Enduros on my 856 for a while - they were certainly comfy, but hard work! Obviously real width of a "2.4" varys hugely between manufacturers, but I wouldn't have wanted wider than the 2.3 on the rear - barely enough space as it was.

You can use them for enduro or trail style riding, not just FR and DH. I'm running 2.3's on my Score right now (not huge 2.3's...look more like 2.1) and they work great for muddy winter riding. You can also run lower tyre pressure with fatties and get added grip and suspension without risking compression flats. Depending on the tyres, they can be really slow though. Like driving a tank when you're on pavement with some of them, and a clumsy jeep off-road. :?

I use a 540 gram WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4 on the front of my Offroad at the moment. The nice thing is you can run the pressure down to 30 psi and it feels like an extra inch of travel, since I have no travel on the rigid fork.

Have been on a short blast with them and as has been said, they are very heavy but I do like the added comfort and will let you know how I get on in some sticky stuff- I think they also look cool on the proflex, big and chunky like the frame, good training too going up them there hills :LOL:

Latest posts

Back