The Orange Prestige (just for you Sticklegs!)

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Not even close to built yet, but Petes getting impatient so here it is :)

Sorry for dodgy pic quality.

Side on, RC 35's, USE post with Ti Rolls saddle, Stem is a bit to long really, but will do for now. Groupset is an XT mix from M737 to M739.
9763795a2854800710b457937470l.jpg

The business end, USE bars, XT levers and thumbies, headset to be fitted and that steerer needs cutting in half!
9763795a2854801375b332981666l.jpg

Shifting courtesy of XT throughout but I'm having to use an old M900 chainset I've got kicking about until I can find a decent compact XT unit.
9763795a2854802021b187644339l.jpg

Cassette, chain and headset in the garage ready to be fitted and I'm reliably informed that brakes will be with me tomorrow so its just a case of a big clean and polish for everything before the proper build and an Xmas holiday spent thrashing it round the Cotswolds :)

Lovely! :D

I've got my suspicions that mine's actually a prestige rather than a p7 despite the stickers - it's certainly been resprayed (black) but looks identical to yours...

Ziggy":epvazltx said:
Lovely! :D

I've got my suspicions that mine's actually a prestige rather than a p7 despite the stickers - it's certainly been resprayed (black) but looks identical to yours...

Hmm, point for discussion this. I think mine might be a P7, not a Prestige. It is definately all original and has not been re-sprayed but it has a 'Series 8' decal on it, and is V-brake specific. This is odd as the Prestige was discontinued before 'V's and they were all made from Tange Prestige, not Orange S8 tubing. Whatever, they're still damn nice steel frames, and British as well!

I would have asked Orange to clarify what went on, but there's no e-mail contact on their website! (Is there?)

Oh. Mine's got a canti hanger! Wanna swap stickers?! :LOL:

Never bothered to try & find anything out tbh - I've just enjoyed riding it for the last 10 years!

Ziggy":2rv01dyy said:
Oh. Mine's got a canti hanger! Wanna swap stickers?! :LOL:

Never bothered to try & find anything out tbh - I've just enjoyed riding it for the last 10 years!

You could be right then, probably a late Prestige. I would like to get an answer from Orange.

Kase1983":2rv01dyy said:
forks suit the bike mate!

Had to have them, Orange frames need Pace forks as much as a Pace frame does.

:cool: Looking good Russell, I agree the Orange and white is really nice on it, I'd keep it original like that!

I must say that those decals are too late for that frame. Looking at where the wish bone joins the seat tube I'd say that was a genuine Prestige, canti hanger or no!

Try and get some original decals for that and It'd look so sweet.

You have really whet my appitite to see it in the flesh and working, here's hoping it comes to the Quant's at the end of January!

Stick Legs":3eeizzyq said:
You have really whet my appitite to see it in the flesh and working, here's hoping it comes to the Quant's at the end of January!

Definately! Only if you ride yours though :LOL:

I won't hold you to that if the Pace is up and running.

vvvvery nice
in the same class as black clockworks and zaskars for me (and marin indian fire trails ,pace 200's ,scott superamericas etc)
will you take it out and use as intended or not tho.

mike

Back