Quantock Meet Sunday 28 Jan 07

What year is it? Sunday the 27th is not in 2007 :oops:
Sunday the 28th is :roll:

QUANTOCK MEET: SUNDAY 28TH JANUARY 2007 RAMSCOMBE.

RETRO RIDES PREFERED, MODERN'S WELCOME.

About 2 hrs of riding with a tea and cake brake followed by a nice pint in a local pub.

scant":1w8tr15q said:
I'm sure as hell gonna do a decent (non retro) ride when I get there :)

Yeah because before suspension and disc brakes it was totally impossible to ride off road.

:roll:

Stick Legs":1l0f8mn7 said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW Why are you so shy Russel, lets see this Prestige! :p

You got me :)

I'm waiting until it has forks on it until I post a pic or two. I don't like to insult a bikes modesty by picturing it naked, as it were :) Should be on legs this weekend.

Now that its got a few bits on it, I'm quite liking the orange and white aswell!

Russell":3c53ggek said:
scant":3c53ggek said:

Yeah because before suspension and disc brakes it was totally impossible to ride off road.

dude, I've been riding mtbs since 85 & in the mountains & on whatever bike I could cobble together before that ;)
more than welcome to tag along with me this sunday to see why I dont ride retro on my local trails anymore :D

scant":1v8fiam8 said:
Russell":1v8fiam8 said:
scant":1v8fiam8 said:

dude, I've been riding mtbs since 85 & in the mountains & on whatever bike I could cobble together before that ;)
more than welcome to tag along with me this sunday to see why I dont ride retro on my local trails anymore :D

I don't doubt that modern technology makes riding easier or more comfortable, I have MTB's in my garage that range from 1984-2004 so I'm well aware of the difference.

The inference in your post was that you can't have a decent ride on an older bike, which is nonsense. I suspect that a fitter and more able rider than you would kick your a** all over your local trails, even if they rode a rigid bike, just as a less fit and less able rider than you would be left gasping for air behind you even if they rode the best that 2007 has to offer.

Tell you what, instead of me coming to your local trails, why don't you race with me in April on my local trails at my local race... The Hell of The North? The Welsh don't have the monopoly on hills you know, dude.

:LOL:

Russell":2kdy7ucg said:
scant":2kdy7ucg said:
Russell":2kdy7ucg said:
scant":2kdy7ucg said:

The inference in your post was that you can't have a decent ride on an older bike, which is nonsense.

:LOL:

you read my inference wrong dude ;) I dont ride retro as I dont enjoy it anyway near as much ;)
never once implied welsh had the monopoly on hills, now u;re just ranting :LOL:

Russell":33n0h30s said:
scant":33n0h30s said:
now u;re just ranting :LOL:

Yep.

:D

fair enuff :)

although I'm spolit for choice on my own doorstep I do enjoy ridiing on new trails & fully appreciate theres lots of cool trails elsewhere in UK. its just the travelling to them thats the pain in the a$$... & given my major lack of free time its harder than ever to get away.
this year did north downs, exmoor, afan (not truly local!), brechfa forest, lake district, (was 1st cannock ride this yr? time flies!), forest of dean, northern beaches sydney(oxford falls, karingai, garigal) & les gets (morzine etc).

n,downs ride 14th Jan invitation is on this board for anyone interested.... only joking about losing people :)

I will try to make the North downs . I have some lights and a GPS , so should be ok . :LOL:

Back