Single Speed UK Championships 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
'silly behaviour '

Ooh, not me sir, I'm a serious racer :cool:

I take my time and do it properly ;)

Im up for this.
As yet I dont own a SS but I could convert the alpinestar, or (more likely) get a new frame and build one.

I'll be riding the NPS at Dalby this year and I believe there is a round of the World Cup there next year.

How cool? :D

Sign me up Kaiser

Alpinestars raised chainstay bikes are perfect for using the ghost/phantom gear chain tensioning method I keep banging on about.

First choose your gear ie 2:1 and get the chain lined up front to back. Then fit the chain, its not important the chain is perfectly tensioned.
Here is the clever bit, get an old chainring bigger than the rear cog and a similar size to the front and place it in the chainline. Move it backward 1 tooth at a time until the chain becomes tensioned. As you pedal the ghost cog rotates supported only by the chain, it looks really cool :shock: :D

Cheers

velomaniac":22ejnx3m said:
Alpinestars raised chainstay bikes are perfect for using the ghost/phantom gear chain tensioning method I keep banging on about.

Mine a pre e-stay jobbie....

velomaniac":gf45euat said:

Just bought a kili flyer to do this :D theres a nice video on you tube of one.

Nice bike, shame about the Dale though.

Personally i prefer the last of the Steel Kili Flyers before even they went alloy. Wish i'd bought one instead of the Carera hellcat I actually bought :roll:

After 'doing Dalby' on Saturday I have decided to have a crack at this. Its the weekend before Le Mans so i will have to take it relatively easy.

I do however have a secret plan which I will let you into. I'm going to hide a Rohloff rear hub in a Tioga Discdrive (world most expensive retro rear wheel?) to make up for my lack of strength and stamina.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back