"Platsa Blue" 95 Explosif Singlespeed

Very very nice-

A much more attractive solution than the sliding dropouts on the newer Explosifs & Units.

Expensive but cheaper than an ENO wheel... just!

John":1fq3ljat said:
kill is harsh, move is better.

Let's keep reader's bikes retro, please check the guidance here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45125

Hey - sorry guys, I'm not out to offend anyone here. In fact, one of you mods. can remove the whole thread if it so offends anyone's sensibilities.

I guess I just took the definition of retro as "Involving, relating to or reminiscent of things past" a little too far - it won't happen again though....

Andy R":397vnlqq said:
John":397vnlqq said:
kill is harsh, move is better.

Let's keep reader's bikes retro, please check the guidance here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45125

Hey - sorry guys, I'm not out to offend anyone here. In fact, one of you mods. can remove the whole thread if it so offends anyone's sensibilities.

I guess I just took the definition of retro as "Involving, relating to or reminiscent of things past" a little too far - it won't happen again though....

Not offended at all by your kona, actually quite like it :cool:

The definition of retro here is just old rather than one of the dictionary definitions of "Involving, relating to or reminiscent of things past". As such since we're trying to keep readers bikes for retro (as in old) stuff I've moved it here for all to see and discuss.

If you are so mortally offended your bike has been moved I'll happily lock the thread ;)

If not we can all chillax and discuss what is a nice (but not retro as in old) bike.

Nice looking bike, even if not truely retro. I've not seen one of those eccentric brackets before.

What gear are you using, it looks a lot lower than a 2:1 ratio?

Old Ned":2duypuex said:
Nice looking bike, even if not truely retro. I've not seen one of those eccentric brackets before.

What gear are you using, it looks a lot lower than a 2:1 ratio?

Thank you - I've always thought that the 1995 Columbus Max Explosif frames were the nicest of the lot so that's why I used one on this project.
I suppose if I'd stuck with V brakes it might have been more accepted for its frame age but, given the opportunity and the (very limited) abilities to do the conversion, which would you choose to use ? Looks tidier with discs too, in my opinion.

Gearing is 32:19 - 32:18 would work just as well for my riding too, there's obviously hardly any difference. A bit spinny on the road but still ok for about 15mph.

That is lovely! :cool:

So clean and smooth. I agree with you Andy about having discs over V brakes, they would make it look cluttered and would start to look like any other bike then. You can just admire the frame without having anything in the way. +5

thekingofming":10at3hd6 said:
That is lovely! :cool:

So clean and smooth. +5

Thank you - you're too kind :oops:

It really was just thrown together from stuff that I already had (or that I could get cheaply :) )

Back