KHS MONTANA COMP (95?)

marky2484

Senior Retro Guru
Latest impulse purchase -leant up against the wall with a load of sad tat at my local bike shop -£50 later it was mine - now think of how to introduce it to the wife...? Solution - hide some of the other bikes at the bottom of the garden...
Seems pretty straight and original, saddle and seatpost are my own -silver alloy post will deffo look better I think. Gripshifts immediately stripped and swapped for some low rent thumbies from the parts box. Pondering on going for some 1" Mag 21s - or should I keep it rigid? Bikepedia seems to indicate probably 1995 model year - any KHS gurus on here?

Mark.

Attachments

• khs montana 018.jpg
    khs montana 018.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 1,798
I think I have a KHS catalogue from either 94 or 95 kicking about somewhere, I'll try to find it for ya & scan it.

Edit: found it, now to scan it.

Scanned it, but cannot upload it at all for some reason, I've uploaded pics before with no trouble, but cannot upload the scans.

Anyhoo, it looks like a 95, but the 'Comp' stickers on the seat tube are on the top tube on the '95.

Seat clamp, cable hanger chainrings, rear mech all look original.

3090172174_56c9c2bff5_o.jpg

no prob.

If you want the full scan of the catalogue, or the catalogue itself (Free for Karma), PM me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Tried them back in the day - as I have really big hands, endless mistaken shifts ensued......... :oops:

Back