The forums growing..

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Six people simultaneously - is this a record Rutteger??

Great site btw.

cchris2lou, gump, kris le rouge, P20, rutteger, stevemar

Six ! I think the record is a whopping 22 :LOL:

Glad you like the site. It's growing slowly but surely.

If anyone has any ideas how to advertise it in the right places give me a shout .....

22??? 6 is the most I have seen in my little time I spend here.

Was that preorganised ;)

I keep seeing it posted on STW too.
Apart from the STW, BM, WMMMTB, CF, MTBR forums etc, not sure what else you could do. Maybe something linked with the welsh/scottish trails, or have some critical mass at some of the big SSMM/SITS etc.. Not that I have ever been to a 24hr, most I have done is the Brissol Bikefest.

Seems to be growing organically which is cool :D

If you organise a retro ride and blat it out on all the forums may get some added interest?

Advertisements

I reckon you should run some t-shirts through cafepress.com or spice.co.uk with a funky retro logo.

Their business model is pretty good for things like this - you just need a design and upload to their site. Direct people to "your" site on cafepress / spice and all the printing, payment and fulfilment is taken care of. You get paid the profit on the t-shirt (no-one will mind you making a couple of quid, especially those of us that know how much of a personal investment it is to run a site).

I've never ordered a t-shirt from one of these site so can't vouch for the quality but have looked into selling on there fairly closely. It looks like cafepress (which is in the US) is cheaper, but the purchaser pays more for the postage, so it ends up working about the same as UK-based spice.

I'd wear a retrobike t-shirt to race / train in. I often get talking to people with older bikes at races and have mentioned this site since I came across it.

yeah good idea. Lets do a print run.

Shall I look into some designs? Do a cool logo and something retro bike-like (like the line drawing of a Grafton Cantilever or sumthin)

The record is 22 !

I am not a web expert but there things you can do to appear more easily in places like google search .
There was a mention on the weight weenies forum yesterday .

You are also present on Skidedesign forum .

True - Mods / Admin. If you want web tips I'm willing to help out if you need.

PM me, or drop me a mail

gump":3swijcly said:
22??? 6 is the most I have seen in my little time I spend here.

Was that preorganised ;)

Ha ha. I don't even know 22 people :D

I keep seeing it posted on STW too.
Apart from the STW, BM, WMMMTB, CF, MTBR forums etc, not sure what else you could do.

I posted it up on MTBR, STW, FatCogs and mtb-news when I first set it up. Sadly stw and WMTB won't add a link from their link section to here :?

Seems to be growing organically which is cool :D

Is right. After the inital effort kind of decided to see how it turned out.

Kestonian, I'll PM you.

T-shirts, jersey, stickers whatever are a great idea if people are interested. I'll stick up another thread...

Back