Guess who I saw drive past my work today

Re: Guess who I saw drive passed my work today

flyingwelshman":1vblgapf said:
Only Valentino Rossi!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Cool!!! me and some mates went down to the motoGP at donnington a few years back and i was desperate to get my rossi rep lid signed by him. Couldnt even get close though :(

Out of interest what was he driving? :D

Re: Guess who I saw drive passed my work today

greenfinger":2qc1c5eo said:
flyingwelshman":2qc1c5eo said:
Only Valentino Rossi!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Cool!!! me and some mates went down to the motoGP at donnington a few years back and i was desperate to get my rossi rep lid signed by him. Couldnt even get close though :(

Out of interest what was he driving? :D

Stobart Ford Focus WRC with no 46 on it, saw other famous drivers too like Solberg, Atkinson, Wilson etc all go within 10 metres of my works front door - it was great, but also I was spitting feathers as I wish I was out in the forest watching -that was until I found out stage 1 and 4 were cancelled and it started throwing it down with rain - made my day though seeing Valli.

My old man said Rossi was at the Bike show the other day. He got a pic with his Moto GP bike. They had an exhibition hall dedicated to trying MX too! Wish i'd gone tbh would like to try a modern 450F. Foggy rides at our Twinshock meeting at Ribchester, the circuit is yards from his pad, we have to ask his permission to go ahead with the meeting, in exchange he gets an entry! Last time he rode a Suzuki 450F in the modern class and held his own. We got Chris Walker along as well the other year, what a racer that guy is he got 2nd overall! I think everybody was impressed by the 'stalker' especially riding a 1979 KX 250 against Maico 490's, gave Silvester a real headache all day.

sinnett177":1lbk3l8l said:
My old man said Rossi was at the Bike show the other day. He got a pic with his Moto GP bike. They had an exhibition hall dedicated to trying MX too! Wish i'd gone tbh would like to try a modern 450F. Foggy rides at our Twinshock meeting at Ribchester, the circuit is yards from his pad, we have to ask his permission to go ahead with the meeting, in exchange he gets an entry! Last time he rode a Suzuki 450F in the modern class and held his own. We got Chris Walker along as well the other year, what a racer that guy is he got 2nd overall! I think everybody was impressed by the 'stalker' especially riding a 1979 KX 250 against Maico 490's, gave Silvester a real headache all day.

Mark - Stalker actually rides a RM 125 which makes his ride against the bigger bikes even more impressive. On the subject of Rossi he had a good drive 13th overall I think and beat some good regular drivers on some stages - I reckon WRC drive - that is if there is still such a thing as motosport after the current economic crisis.

flyingwelshman":sj3c9d6t said:
Mark - Stalker actually rides a RM 125 which makes his ride against the bigger bikes even more impressive.
Definitely a 79' KX250 at Ribchester, think it was borrowed from Geoff Mayes as he was riding for Kawasaki at the time. Stalker was once the british schoolboy mx champion many years ago.

sinnett177":2mpfjcwd said:
flyingwelshman":2mpfjcwd said:
Mark - Stalker actually rides a RM 125 which makes his ride against the bigger bikes even more impressive.
Definitely a 79' KX250 at Ribchester, think it was borrowed from Geoff Mayes as he was riding for Kawasaki at the time. Stalker was once the british schoolboy mx champion many years ago.

KX 250 in2007, rm125 in 2008

flyingwelshman":22e18jfe said:
sinnett177":22e18jfe said:
flyingwelshman":22e18jfe said:

KX 250 in2007, rm125 in 2008
Very well Tim, missed this years event so that would explain. He must find bikes to suit his current sponsor as i think he was riding for Suzuki this year in the BSB? Very much enjoyed watching him ride though, very Rob Herring esque.

Anyway back to 'the doctor', will look out for highlights on the box.

Back