My Salsa, semi retired.

KiwiJohn

Dirt Disciple
My old Salsa. Bought the frame in 98, but don't know when it was made. Columbus I think, no tubing sticker. Apart from the Surly rigid forks, I've changed very little since. Genuine Breeze + Angell Hite Rite gets odd looks & WTF?

Attachments

• IM000403.JPG
    IM000403.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 2,373
Salsas rule. I'd love one with a 'jelly bean' paint scheme.

Would 98 make it a 'Ross Schaffer' one?

According to FirstFlight: "1997: The Salsa name is sold to a parts distributor, Quality Bikes Parts (QBP). Ross stays on as a designed and consultant."

A bit vague to me

A friend of me has a yellow A la Carte which came with Bonty Comp fork when he acquired it about half a year ago. Think it is '92. He now installed AccuTrax forks. When I took notice he did that I thought it would look shit. When I saw it I were positively surprised. When looking more closely the Salsa is burlier looking than at a quick glimpse. Nevertheless with Comp it is better.

Paint is actually dark green but faded to blackish pretty quick. Made in America, I think it was in a shop or 2 for a while before I got it. Don't know if the serial number gives date of manufacture. I thought about getting it resprayed, but now I prefer the well used look. I've glued the lower headset race in, still creaks but. Main reason it's semi retired.
It'd be good to see a few more Salsa's on here, only other one I know of is a "new" Ala Carte.

Back