the best gig ever was....

Re: Memory plays tricks

mrkawasaki":241uh5p1 said:
Think the Bunnymen Buxton gig was a few years earlier than that -

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=5736088

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=06TIDkqd380

- I caught them in Bristol a few months earlier on their first UK tour - awesome! Sure I've got a 12" of that Buxton gig somewhere...

Mr K

You're just trying to make me feel old arn't you!

I think it was not much before 83 because I went to watch Bowie's serious moonlight tour later that year. Probably wrong though, the mind ain't what it once was. I thought the Bunnymens first tour was around 79?

Si

Hmmm, difficult call this. I've been to see quite a few of the band i've been into and haven't been super impressed, you know the sort of thing, touring that difficult 3rd album, just going through the montions for 90 minutes or simply not being on top of their game. On the other hand I've been to see a couple of bands I've expected nothing of who've been top notch live and/or have left a mark.

Anyhow if I had to chose a few gigs here goes

Prodigy 97(ish) Newcastle
Belle and Sebastian 06 Birmingham
Primal Scream 98 Glasto
GLC 05 Birmingham

Quite a few......

Alice Cooper with the Trash tour at Whitley Bay Ice Rink, Marilyn Manson with the God Guns and Government at Manchester......deffo Skin (Skunk Anansie vocalist) at the Carling Academy in Newcastle. Queen at St James Park in Newcastle.

More recently The Ting Tings at The Forum, short set, totally shit support act but The Ting Tings themselves were absolutely ******* fantastic. The had the whole venue going mad, brilliant night that one, and at one point Katie White was stood directly in front of where I was stood at the front, bless her! Awwww....

Dating myself here, but two of the most memorable gigs I went to were Bob Marley and the Wailers at a small club in San Francisco's North Beach sometime in the sixties and a gig at Fillmore West in about '67 or '68 that opened with Albert King, followed by John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, and headlined by Jimi Hendrix!

I'm hoping the Slipknot gig I'm going to see tonight will be. Never been disappointed any other time I've seen them :twisted:

LeeDevelopment":2hx1jau8 said:
Marilyn Manson with the God Guns and Government at Manchester

I had tickets to see the Birmingham gig but my shifts were changed, had to do nights, couldn't get cover. I've still got the (un-used)tickets somewhere.

The best gig ever was roadying for a SF rock band from 1968 on. The group never got any worldwide recognition, but our old frontman has a couple of Grammys for his songwriting.

So I worked on shows with all the SF classic bands, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, Creedence Clearwater, Steve Miller, Sly and the Family Stone, Country Joe and the Fish. When The Band from Big Pink made its first public appearance in 1969, I worked on the stage.

I worked on shows with Ike and Tina Turner, Albert King, The Byrds, Buddy Guy, The Nice, Canned Heat, Marshall Tucker, the Everly Brothers (!), Chuck Berry, Booker T and the MGs, Merle Haggard, Huey Lewis and the News.

During the seventies we shared summer tours, one year with Three Dog Night, the next with Leon Russell, and then we toured with Average White Band.

Biggest show I ever worked was in a stadium with Leon Russell, The Eagles, The Band, and Lynrd Skynrd.

It wasn't one great show, there were a lot of them.

Repack Rider":36jtz088 said:
The best gig ever was roadying for a SF rock band from 1968 on. The group never got any worldwide recognition, but our old frontman has a couple of Grammys for his songwriting.

So I worked on shows with all the SF classic bands, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, Creedence Clearwater, Steve Miller, Sly and the Family Stone, Country Joe and the Fish. When The Band from Big Pink made its first public appearance in 1969, I worked on the stage.

I worked on shows with Ike and Tina Turner, Albert King, The Byrds, Buddy Guy, The Nice, Canned Heat, Marshall Tucker, the Everly Brothers (!), Chuck Berry, Booker T and the MGs, Merle Haggard, Huey Lewis and the News.

During the seventies we shared summer tours, one year with Three Dog Night, the next with Leon Russell, and then we toured with Average White Band.

Biggest show I ever worked was in a stadium with Leon Russell, The Eagles, The Band, and Lynrd Skynrd.

It wasn't one great show, there were a lot of them.

:shock:
*Bows down*

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,002
Back