Honda pulling out of F1

I absolutely agree...the stupid costs to actually attend F1, the fact that they shake you down so you cannot bring in your own food and drink etc.

It left a nasty taste in my mouth and turned my back on it - and indeed for entertaining my clients.

Nowadays it seems to be more about selling tabs in the 3rd world. I went to the Malaysia GP in 2001 when I lived in Singapore - great circuit and fantastic sight lines but there was not much racing. The GP plus 30 mins of Proton hatchback racing. Not exactly a good day out, glad I brought the paper.

Well I'm pretty sure I can stump up the £1 asking price for the team...anyone else want to chip in with the running costs?
Might have to ask John for some larger Retrobike stickers though :LOL:

cchris2lou":oeqe4m7b said:
Honda and Toyota maybe backmarker but they are some of the most profitable car makers out there , so if they are feeling the pinch some others will follow .

I'm not so sure it is feeling the pinch. Probably naive but I tend to think that they are making a decision based on what they assess the effect of their efforts is on their car sales. So if they pull out they think that the effects are not what they expect, otr that they can get better effects by re-directing their efforts in other areas.

Whether they are right is a different matter all-together. And if I knew I probably wouldn't be working 9 to 5 ... ;)

IbocProSX":3ikz3f90 said:
cchris2lou":3ikz3f90 said:
Honda and Toyota maybe backmarker but they are some of the most profitable car makers out there , so if they are feeling the pinch some others will follow .

I'm not so sure it is feeling the pinch. Probably naive but I tend to think that they are making a decision based on what they assess the effect of their efforts is on their car sales. So if they pull out they think that the effects are not what they expect, otr that they can get better effects by re-directing their efforts in other areas.

Whether they are right is a different matter all-together. And if I knew I probably wouldn't be working 9 to 5 ... ;)

Honda are shutting down a factory in england for 2 weeks , and laying off 700 temp workers in japan , it cant be all good .

Toro Rosso is for sale as well and I can't think why anyone would buy a F1 team in these times.
Well, probably some oil money from arabs or russkies might help out...

I think Williams might be in a difficult situation as well, especially when their main sponsor RBS doens't fare superbly well at the moment.

The regulations say that there must be 20 cars on the grid. Maybe Bernie makes Ferrari and McLaren run 3rd cars?

cherrybomb":97jhatig said:
Were Honda in F1 then? :shock:

You learn something new every day!

They were British American Racing's engine supplier 2000-2005 and had their own team (bought the B.A.R.) 2006-2008.

Latest posts

Back