Dalby Red- December 6th- Final Call!

MJN":3nq8h1lg said:
Got a free pass for the day so its gonna take a blizzard to stop me!

Thats the spirit old chap!

I'm having a womens 'which shoes' moment. You know, you've been ready to go out for an hour and she's messing about with shoes. Well I can't decide what to bring to Dalby. Modern, retro, mix of both, hardtail, full suss, fully rigid??? Got them all over the Kitchen, tweeking, swapping my favourite saddle and 'lucky' grips from one bike to the next and back again. Life was so much easier when I only had one bike.

Think this might make your choice slighlty easier...

Friday morning, forest road currently has packed snow, the trails have about 6" of wet soft snow, the Forestry closed the forest yesterday, mainly due to access issues

I would imagine things will only improve today but bear in mind deep snow is a pig to ride in but is does clean your tyres really well :LOL:

Will post again tonight when I get home

Thanks for that Gil

Might be worth shortening the route and starting from Dixons Hollow instead. I can leave a van at Low Dalby finish and run everyone up to Dixons to collect cars etc.

What do you think??

I say see what the morning brings,what's the weather been like there today?It's been 5 degrees and rain/sun here.

Not to sure what the snow/parking situation will be up at Dixon's Hollow and to be honest its easy to ride up Housedale which is clear of snow and pop out at Dixon's if you are looking to shorten it

Just got home tonight and the snow is melting, but what's left if wet and slushy

I would stick with first plan ~ meet at Low Dalby around 9-9.30am

Plenty of parking, road will be clear now and a couple of cafe's, could even drop some bikes into Purple Mountain as a display area if you want, Coffee's good and it might even be warm :)

Cool. Lets make it 9:30 to 10:00at low Dalby then (some of my group have to drop kids off at granny's). We'll be doing full English down in PickeringStation car park from 8:30 on if anyone would like to join us, then up to the Cafe at Low Dalby for second helpings around 9:15.

PM me to exchange mobile numbers if you want.

See yal in the morning

Si

The wonders of Dalby :)

Always loads of options....

Better get out on the turbo trainer, looks like we have a race ;)

Latest posts

Back