biggest crash EVER!

ameybrook":20xe4xj9 said:
In december 2005, I was riding with some friends, going way too fast around a corner and came across some ice. Rear end slid out and high-sided me. 20 feet into the air, came down on my leg.

Split femur, shattered kneecap, general badness altogether.

knee.jpg

Four 3-inch screws and I'm back together again.

*just realized, it was three years ago today. December 4th.

I've also broken my back twice in un-bike related injuries.

:shock: OMG! Some of the others sound pretty darn nasty and make me cringe, but the visuals here really bring it home! Totally healed, or does your knee/leg get stiff sometimes?

Kona Paul":1sdfxgsm said:
:shock: OMG! Some of the others sound pretty darn nasty and make me cringe, but the visuals here really bring it home! Totally healed, or does your knee/leg get stiff sometimes?

Healed, although I still have some nerve damage, but it only feels weird.

The worst part was the whole ordeal with getting me out. I laid on the trail with my [now wife] for five hours, and it was 30deg F. Took a team of 20 search and rescue to hike out there and drag me back to town.

knee2.jpg

FairfaxPat":2xfiqst2 said:
In 1991 I was Demonstrating the new Lawwill Leader fork... ...Needless to say, I won the award with my friends for the biggest crash ever!

And the guys at Rockshox have never been more grateful.

Well had a few and a few bad brakes

but has to be around 2 years ago i bought Sam Hills iron horse Sunday off him and thought i was invincible pushing it faster than ever on my local down hill track

i was showing off on a big double and over cooked the landing by around 2 meters, resulting in shattering my elbow into 9 bits, broke my left arm and a full side of ribs

My arm and ribs are ok but ive had 2 elbow replacements and cant move my arm fully stil if ever

But still love mtbing and now liking collecting retro bike as its safer

ameybrook":1dsj0ttr said:
Kona Paul":1dsj0ttr said:

Healed, although I still have some nerve damage, but it only feels weird.

The worst part was the whole ordeal with getting me out. I laid on the trail with my [now wife] for five hours, and it was 30deg F. Took a team of 20 search and rescue to hike out there and drag me back to town.

knee2.jpg

Man, that's a serious scar! A crash never to be forgotten. Couldn't imagine lying with a shattered knee for 5 hours...the agaony! The terror! :shock: But at least something good came out of it. A little romance and a wife ;) :D

cr500 2001

riding on are local track been through the woods and all the deep bogs and me bein me did not oil my air filter came screaming round a big sweeping bend in 5th i think comin out to the jump section shut off **** ALL ive never been so scared in m,y life cause if you lot have rode crossers you no that if you dont shut off at the bottom of any jump YOU ARE GOIN ONE WAY up and up result bust wrist leg coller bone hence why im mtbin ;) :roll:

I must not ride hard enough because the worst one I have had was a lightly spinning head and a grazed elbow after hitting a tree sideways on without a helmet about 18 years ago. Not very exciting I'm afraid. Shame I can't tell you about the 24 breakages in my right lower leg and both feet that left me unable to walk in the mid 90's for a few years. Oh I can remember the joy as I overheard the Surgeon suggesting that it might be easier to remove the leg below the knee. How I laughed!

I think ameybrook wins this one

I grounded a pedal on hard tarmac cornering and slit down it 30 ft propped up on one elbow[think cheese grater],i had the bone scraped by the ground and was put on 5 antibiotics in case of bone infection,8 years on and i still cant prop myself up on that elbow without a bit of discomfort
Landed directly on head without helmet and got whiplash and have had only two parked car doors open on me ,1 i stopped in time the other the cops were involved,and the fu&*ers said i was too close to the cars,though she opened the door with her foot while fiddling with something in her bag :twisted:
But bloody hell ameybrook,ive seen bad m/bike smashes that cause that amount of damage,well done on getting back on the saddle :cool:

I was doing 40km/h when car came from left front of me.
I hit the windshield pretty hard and then I woke up from other side of car...
I did´t broke anything else than my bike...:shock:
RS6rikki.jpg

Also a lot of crashes on the track, nice to slide on wooden surface... ;)

Similar to Shamus's accident, I was riding home from work one evening, it was daylight, the road was dry and vision was good, but some stoopid bint decided to turn right across in front of me.
She checked to see if I was ok, which other than being dazed I was, but then drove off. Unfortunately, the only witness was about 400yrs old and didnt get the number of her car. :evil:

Attachments

• bent.jpg
    bent.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,006
Back