Computer nightmare

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Little prob that i've now mostly fixed ,but still need a few pointers
Heres what happened
During my usual weekly mantinence,disc clean up etc ,all went well till i restarted
Disaster -somehow my system drivers had ended up in the recycle bin,how, i've no idea, i didnt do anything different,and do a clean up once a week

After the restart i had to do a complete reinstall of windows xp without any chance to back stuff up and it wouldnt let me use repair :?
---------------------------------------------------
I'm up and running though it takes a lot longer to boot up,and i think its uninstalled my graphics card or at least the drivers as i cant use any game and scrolling is no longer smooth[i think im on some default set-up]
I dont want to uninstall then reinstall the graphics card or update the driver till i know im not going to end up with a black screen
Any help or pointers would be appreciated
Thanks
----------
all this happened about 2am last night and during my efforts to reinstall everything....toothache set in,and with a vengeance too,seems i had an abscess that was waiting for just the right moment :LOL:
Lower canine out this morning @9:40 am :(
Those injections that you get under your tongue that really F*&%ing hurt, i got three,and left their chair with one of the arms slightly squint[i think i broke it :LOL: ]

system-device maneger-new hardware-(click detect and install drivers).any hardware with missing drivers will have a yellow warning symbol next to it.

if this doesnt work then perhaps the bios is set to use onboard graphics instead of the card.

Ultra cheers to you ,that was the problem,a little yellow exclamation mark :eek: means no drivers aha
Cheers much Grib 'ol chap
Done and Dusted
Death from above time :LOL:
Specially now ive got this

Attachments

• DYNA-TI 052 (Large).jpg
    DYNA-TI 052 (Large).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 538
£2.99 in the charity shop,and cheers again for the help,i was well depressed without my games :cry:
But im happy happy now

Back