My Cannondale sv700FR (IT'S AN OUTRAGE)new pics page 8

I like it, looks like a hoot but agree not retro. Don't subscribe to the 10 year(????) rule thing wherever that came from either. But it means lots of different things to lots of different folks, for me its a look and style rather than time of manufacture.

But back to the OP, :cool: need to get this down spooky woods

I can't believe this bike has warranted more discussion than some awesome retro builds in Readers Bikes.

10 years old ain't retro. Canti brakes, rigid forks, quill stems and skinwall tyres are the cornerstones of retro and this doesn't check any of those......

^^^^^^^^^^^
Tell me about it, just wanted to show some of the members that had asked to see it a pic or two.
I will pop it up again in a few years and see if it gets B.O.T.D :LOL:
I have enjoyed the discussion here nonetheless :cool:
Not tried Spooky Woods yet, but will be heading there when its a bitty warmer ;) (next macretro meet ;) )

Gary C

that sounds like a plan gazz- I'll bring my proflex too, its kind of retro too I think?

baggsie a shot on the dale on the tough black run- looks cool BTW :cool:

I just feel its pants ...... I have just had a look through readers bikes ....There are lots and lots of 1997/98 bikes with discs modern forks triple clamps ....

I am chaining myself to this thread until it gets returned to readers bikes!! :LOL:

Cool mate!
Im here with you all through this thanks for the support.
I brought us a thermos flask , it could be a long protest :LOL:

GC

:roll:

Perfect example of why the "Its 10 yrs old therefore its retro" rule is a load of old nonsense.

Canti brakes, rigid forks, quill stems and skinwall tyres are the cornerstones of retro

Precisely. Time to lay down the law.

9763795a9564052040l.jpg

just curious.. so according to the defenders of "98 is retro".. whats the latest date "retro" can be viewed as?

<pulls up a chair> ... :LOL:

jimihendrix":1im0ak5a said:
P20":1im0ak5a said:
I've got a 99 Cannondale on the way, at least i know where to post it :LOL:

Same with my 99 Sunn :) , all it's lovely skinny steel.

Hey, take that noosed rope down from that tree :LOL:

Don't panic guys, they'll be officially retro in under 4 weeks time!!! :D

Back