BBC Sport Personaility 2008

Surfr":1n30yffm said:
cornholio's RC200":1n30yffm said:
Hand / eye coordination is as good as some other endeavours, i.e shooting etc.

Yes but it is the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards. Not the BBC Game Personality of the year Awards.

I'll bite :twisted:

Game of Tennis, Game of golf, Game of football, Game of cricket, Game of rugby....

These are all just Games as well then n'est pas? ;)

cornholio's RC200":a47b99ur said:
Surfr":a47b99ur said:
cornholio's RC200":a47b99ur said:
Hand / eye coordination is as good as some other endeavours, i.e shooting etc.

Yes but it is the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards. Not the BBC Game Personality of the year Awards.

I'll bite :twisted:

Game of Tennis, Game of golf, Game of football, Game of cricket, Game of rugby....

These are all just Games as well then n'est pas? ;)

Drinking Game, on the Game, Game of Life, Game for a Laugh...

OK I give up

l11645117793_5857.jpg

A while back it was rumoured that anglers were going to all vote for the then world champion to get the prize, surname was Nudd I think or maybe Rudd, no that's a fish isn't it
Whatever :roll:

Could have worked being its the biggest participation leisure activity of all, think the BBC got round that though to make sure their choices got picked

It's obviously going to be Lewis Hamilton!! As much as I'd like to see a cyclist win, it just ain't going to happen - although I will be very happy to be proved wrong! Have you noticed how people forgot about the olympics approximately 10 minutes after the closing ceremony? Then it was full steam ahead straight back into the twatball season and a couple of F1 races.....

Conspiracy I tell thee...

Tacticly the Beeb win hands down - they've paid a fortune to show F1 next year so NEED Hamilton to win, though they've covered their arses by giving cycling a good billing, knowing that the split vote will negate any chances of a win for the sport.

I think all cyclists should transfer their vote to Adlington...

Mr K

PS. I guess the reason Miss P didn't get on the shortlist would be because her looks may well have garnered too many floating votes...

What more does Victoria Pendleton have to do to make the shortlist? Triple World Champion last year but edged out by Michael Owen and Jonny Wilkinson (winners of nothing). This year, she is double World Champion and Olympic Champion (admittedly it's a much stronger final list). Put that startling achievement with intelligence, a charming personality and unthreatening good looks and you'd think it would be the winning combination?

Of the cyclists in the final 10 either Chris Hoy or Nicole Cooke would be very worthy winners but, as above, I hope the cycling vote doesn't end up being split. Not sure how to choose between the two as both are engaging and modest personalities, so Chris Hoy as the first Brit to win three Gold medals and to do it across a range of disciplines with such dominant style? Or Nicole Cooke with her fantastic and unprecedented double?

I'm boycotting the whole thing this year again.

Nae Darts Players*. :x

*Sorry, I mean 'Projectile Athletes' :p

Nicole Cooke or VP for my vote- world class, and they deserve the plaudits a male world champ/olympian would get.

Back