1997 Klein Pulse Pro Custom

Here's todays progress report. It's all together. Just needs a rear brake inner cable to finish it off.

I'm not 100% happy with it at the moment. I've cocked up on the down tube decals (need to sit higher on the tube, and further forward), but I can always get some more. I'm also a bit concerned about the geometry. It feels really nose-down at the moment, but then again I'm used to riding the LTS so it's gonna feel weird. I think a shorter stem with more of a rise would help, as would switching to a seatpost with a bit of lay-back to it.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the cable in the next day or two and take it for a ride to see how it performs.

100_0643.jpg

100_0642.jpg

That looks fantastic. The yellow looks great with the Jazz Blue (I use to have a Golf GTI in that colour). :cool:

bugger
i want me forks back now chap :D
looking good chap
and looks ok proportion wise to me ???(saddle to bar wise)

stem should mahe it a better fit for you tho chap

rob

Cannondale forks + angle grinder + paint = pretty :LOL:

It just feels like I'm sitting too far forward and the front is too low. Maybe it's because I'm used to riding a 100mm fork with riser bar!

Current stem is a 120mm 5 deg. Thinking of switching to a 100mm 10 deg with another headset spacer. Should make it feel a bit better.

Looking very nice fella. It was originally wearing 60mm manitou forks and a 100mm stem. Youve done the old girl proud

Well, thanks to illness, a young child and a nearly complete DIY carage conversion I've not had a chance to use the bike. Until today that is. I had to go into work for a few hours (I'm sitting at my desk alone on a Sunday waiting for a database to finish refreshing) so thought I'd take the bike.

Initial impressions? Good and bad.

The good:
Man this thing is light, by my standards anyway. Havent put it on the scales but it's definitely a lot lighter than anything I've ridden before. It's really nice and responsive, which is good! It's also so easy to move it. This is probably a combination of the lack of weight, and the 1.5 inch city jets with 50psi in! I'm thinking my gearing is now too low, since I can spin out my top gear (34/11) even when taking it easy.

The bad:
The front still seems to low. I've swapped out the 120mm stem for a 100mm 5 deg Easton EA50 and it's definitely helped but it feels a bit twitchy now. I think it's something I'll get used to. Was riding a very upright feeling LTS for a while so this was always going to feel very different.

The other problem is the front brake. I thought upgrading to a disc would be an improvement, but this is so disappointing. I've heard bad things about Avid BB5's but rarely hear the good about a product on the internet, since everyone likes to moan. It really does suck though. I'll take it into an LBS and see if the guys there can help.

So, overall, pretty pleased. Once the few niggles are sorted I'll be happy to say that this is the best bike I've owned, which is a damn good thing!

Back