Oooops

South Bound":3t310tok said:
Road bike tyres have no grip.

I can testify to this as I sit here with my hand in plaster awaiting getting my thumb pinned tomorrow.

:shock: Gulp
Hope it heals quickly M8,thumbs are too important so do not be using it thinking it needs exercise ,let it heal,even if it takes a long time

Should be a bit of Titanium they put in there :) ,its in your blood now ,you'll have to convert all your bikes to Ti :LOL: :LOL:

Bored now, giant cast is a faff (and of course a source of great hilarity at work), swelling has gone down so cast is now loose, can't drive so not even taken bike in to shop yet to get looked at.

Back to John Radcliffe tomorrow to get cast changed (hopefully for a removeable splint).

So, I reckon this has cost me:

£30 for new bib-tights (glad I bought cheapy Wiggle ones!).
£5 for new bar tape (think black is more practical than white though).
£45 for new Ergos (although this is a bit of twisted accounting, as I already had spare Ergos from Bikeshopowner on here and they are technically an upgrade and I suppose the scratched ones could be cleaned up... :oops: )
£?? whatever else shop finds (new bar maybe?)

Would have been cheaper to buy a turbo!

Could be a disaster, which hand is it? not the self pleasure hand is it?

I broke a toe on a night rally a few years ago, got to the finish OK then went home, picked up the wife then jumped on a train to Biaritz, limping all the way. Got to the hotel about midnight and took off my shoe to find my middle toe was purple and twice the size of my big toe with a big lump in it where the bone was sticking out. Full of sympathy she called me a prick and ranted on about spoiling our holiday. Women eh?

Hope you get it fixed soon dude and send us some warm weather back will you?

Si

bad luck.

How did you fall off?

Find road bike tyres to be pretty good on road. Knobblies on road can be lethal!

Was turning left, not going quickly as a well-known corner for mud, back wheel just went. Left hand fortunately or I probably still would not be dressed!

Will try and send back warm weather, but not if it means it will be cold in the pool. Holiday is kinda jinxed as it was cancelled earlier in the year because of Hurricane Ike! I suppose I shall just have to sit at the rum bar while Mrs SB goes scuba diving...

Hurricanes and scuba diving? In Whitby at this time of year? Youre having us on lad!

Just seen this thread mate - it all makes sense now! ;)

Hope you got the CD OK, thanks again. Get well sharpish and have a great holiday.

Ben

Hurricanes and scuba diving? In Whitby at this time of year?

It's a fair cop, I shall be drinking tea and eating scampi! You wish...Appleton's Bar here I come, with maybe a Red Stripe or 2...

Ben, got CD thanks matey, just got to decide what to do with pics now.

Back