SOLD 97 Klein Pulse Frame + colour matched Cannondale P-Bone

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Going to take this apart this week as decided to sell the frame and Fork.

It's a Pulse, it's 100% a Pulse, despite the previous owner badging it as an Attitude :roll:

However, snobs be damned, the Pulse is an excellent usable retro classic, decent tubing, very light, stiff, razor sharp handling and uses a standard 1 1/8th headtube and BSA BB so none of the expense and hassle of press-fit, internal cabling or Mission-control so if you want a Klein for bashing around on without the maintenance headaches or the fear or trashing a properly expensive one then these are the ones to buy.

This one has the added benefit of having a Cannondale P-Bone fork that was resprayed at the same time as the frame so visually and mechanically it's a great match to the frame. There's also a colour matched Fred Salmon one piece bar/stem combo I'll include as well.

It's a size small, 16inch (ish...I'll measure and update post later) in good condition, no cracks, no dents, but there are are few scrapes and chips in the paint so will put close up photos up once I've taken it apart detailing them, it still looks good, just not 'fresh paint good' any more :)
The rear derailleur hanger threads weren't in great shape, although the hanger is fine, so I've took the precaution of drilling out the threads and fitting a steel threaded insert which both fixes the issue and prevents it happening again.

Pulse's are cheap and not rare, but this one is in decent shape, is a nice colour and also has the P-bone fork which is worth a sensible amount on it's own so I'm asking 150 (+p&p) for the bundle of Frame, Fork, headset, Stem/Bar, seatclamp and a carbon Bontrager seatpost.

If I'm way off the mark pricing wise let me know cos if it's not going to sell at 150 it's staying with me for more fun times :-D

SOLD!

Attachments

• klein.JPG
    klein.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 743
Re: 97 Klein Pulse Frame + colour matched Cannondale P-Bone Fork

Registering interest

Magpiegifts":2m0n6d3x said:
That's a really nice colour, GLWS mate

It looks nicer in the sun, I'll try and take some decent ones!

this is a pic from the previous owner when it was repainted, gives a better feel for colour.

006-7.jpg

Re:

Agree with the previous comments, really nice looking bike when built up. This place has too many nice things at times!

If the world were a fair and just place, this would fly off the shelves for £150. Ride it fast enough and no-one will have time to spot it's not a *real* Attitude. Good luck with the sale!

Wow really nice kit and fair price!!
Bloody brexit :( :(
Glws
Chris

Re:

would you be interested in selling the crank at all pal been looking for one with purple spider for a good while ;)

Back