29er's ... who rides them...what are they like?

yo-eddy":6297core said:
ahum, well....... ;)

Ed Edwards will be in my place in a week :roll:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... y+bigwheel

Excellent..in the meantime I will try and raise the money...now then...bank job?, no, too hard....overcharge every customer at work by a penny...low risk, but will take too long ;)

Lovely bike, as I have said before, but I can't afford it.....or had Ed bought it and is bringing it home :D

Harryburgundy":25t6yfv1 said:
yo-eddy":25t6yfv1 said:
ahum, well....... ;)

Ed Edwards will be in my place in a week :roll:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... y+bigwheel

Excellent..in the meantime I will try and raise the money...now then...bank job?, no, too hard....overcharge every customer at work by a penny...low risk, but will take too long ;)

Lovely bike, as I have said before, but I can't afford it.....or had Ed bought it and is bringing it home :D

Ed's picking up a roadbike that Melvin bought for him at my place. And maybe do a little trip through the Dutch Mountains :D
He sincerely stressed on me NOT to tempt him with the Groovy, so I'll hide it when he's around :LOL:

I've had mine 2 years now and love it. It's design does have weaknesses ( invariably pointed out by dumb-ass bike journos " forced " off their carbon full sussers to do a write up ) but for every one of them there's an upside too; just as an example...
" slow to get going ": okay maybe but when up to speed they're like a Russian armoured division heading for Berlin.

I've got one since half a year and I love it, It simply rocks in the flattish Dutch XC conditions
Not your typical steel rigid single speed 29er, but a full on modern suspended trailbike.

Last Sunday I entered a 54 km XC race on it. It was a mudfest after days of rain. Moreover the day before the youth race had been held on the same course effectively thrashing it to goo. I had a noticeable advantage over the 26" competition in carrying speed trough bigger pudlles and felt less "glued to the ground" in the thicker mud. Still no good caus' I didn't have the legs ...

LenzLev3f2s.JPG

mooist0308_002s.JPG

Got one of these and love it although i might need to change the chainring for a smaller one !!!

Attachments

• givi box 002 (Medium).jpg
    givi box 002 (Medium).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 457
I don't have the link to hand, but Thorn had their prototype Rolhoff 29er on Ebay recently. They say they won't make it as a production bike, because it's not a good time to be bringing one out.
It's £1600, but they say a custom build of the same bike would be £3200.
Gorgeous and unique.

Back