keep my retro project or sell up for a modern rig

the hardest choice im ever gonna make

• sell it can you smell the carbon/alu calling my boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep the clockwork you dont need no modern toot boy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sell the Orange,its only a clockwork,then win some races and buy a Fat Chance.Sorted :)

Mate, i ride with you every week, the Giant isn't going to do anything for you at this point in time. Don't be stupid, the Orange is a one off, you have a chance at getting that one spot on. Whats the giant going to give you that the Genesis isn't? in all honesty i don't think anything at all.

lll

Mark is right that Giant is not going to give you anything that the 853 Genesis cant ..... and that giant has no soul or history like a clockwork has !!!!

It will be a sad day if you sell that clockwork for a giant !!!

Does your employer do a "bike to work" scheme? I had my TCR racing bike that way just over a year ago. You can then take off VAT and tax and pay for it through your salary over a year to eighteen months and pay a minimal amount at the end.

I wouldn't sell your retrobike but maybe if bike to work is not an option look for someone selling a carbon bike second hand - I think quite a lot of people want to sell them during the winter.

Interestingly although the TCR is lovely to ride it didn't give me huge gains over my more basic racing bike so it is more about the rider than the latest bike I think!

Best of luck!

Back