Full susser sought.

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I quite fancy adding a full suspension bike to the fleet... ideally something modern enough to have disc brakes but old enough to be... affordable.

Doesn't need to be high end or mega desirable. A fixer-upper project would be fine too but ideally something complete as I don't have many bits post 1998ish.

I'm 5'11" and a bit and usually pretty comfy on a 19" (c-t) frame.

Anyone got anything?

Re:

Ive got an s-works enduro frame i bought for similar reasons to you, but don't really ride anywhere that warrants rear bounce.

Its in decent shape too. I got as far as taking it all apart to replace the bearings (which I bought) but stopped there. Also bought a few rear shocks to replace the brain one on it as it needed a service. I'm 5 11 too so should fit you.

Black, disc only, m5 alloy.

If interested, let me know. I'm sure I could put a few bits into a deal if you need anything.

Re:

ishaw":1zu8e4br said:
Ive got an s-works enduro frame i bought for similar reasons to you, but don't really ride anywhere that warrants rear bounce.

Its in decent shape too. I got as far as taking it all apart to replace the bearings (which I bought) but stopped there. Also bought a few rear shocks to replace the brain one on it as it needed a service. I'm 5 11 too so should fit you.

If interested, let me know. I'm sure I could put a few bits into a deal if you need anything.

Yeah, definitely interested, let me know what you want for it and what bits you might have. Would probably be inclined to go for a 1x9 build for cheapness and simplicity.

So far the only remotely likely find locally is the Saracen below. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to rear boingers - obviously this is low end, but I wonder if the frame is good enough to be worth upgrading (and riding)?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/sara ... 1392077579

I'm sure the Spesh is a better bet...

Re:

How about a ~2004 Marin mount vision? Think it's a 19" but would have to check, in nice original condition bar the brakes which I just pilfered for another build. They make an excellent all-rounder.

Re:

RickTheUncivil":1kcj0lya said:
How about a ~2004 Marin mount vision? Think it's a 19" but would have to check, in nice original condition bar the brakes which I just pilfered for another build. They make an excellent all-rounder.

That sounds ideal (price dependent). Drop me a PM!

Re: Re:

Captain Stupido":24z3d3nq said:
ishaw":24z3d3nq said:

Yeah, definitely interested, let me know what you want for it and what bits you might have. Would probably be inclined to go for a 1x9 build for cheapness and simplicity.

So far the only remotely likely find locally is the Saracen below. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to rear boingers - obviously this is low end, but I wonder if the frame is good enough to be worth upgrading (and riding)?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/sara ... 1392077579

I'm sure the Spesh is a better bet...
I think its around a 2006/7 version. I've probably got enough stuff to be able to help kit it out, just not wheels and maybe not forks.

Thanks guys for the offers so far. Ideal would be a complete rideable bike that I can fiddle with and upgrade bit by bit. The issue is most of my wheels (and bits in general) are earlier so non-disc etc... starting with a frame or an incomplete bike is likely to get a bit expensive.

Of course the alternative would be to go with something earlier and forgo disc brakes after all. It's actually looking quite appealing as I've got loads of 98 era parts. Could always put discs on the front later...

On that note both of the options below appeal. Anyone care to offer any advise on what to go for? I'm just kind of looking for something that's a bit more forgiving (and quicker downhill) than my Clockwork... but it will be for general XC duties and gentle trails - I'm not into anything too gnarly. ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Mount- ... 3365628950

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=423352

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back