keep my retro project or sell up for a modern rig

the hardest choice im ever gonna make

• sell it can you smell the carbon/alu calling my boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep the clockwork you dont need no modern toot boy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sell it, there will always be another one on here when you have the funds - maybe we could do another donation build to get you started (you can build your own wheels!).

Life is about experiences, not stuff. Go racing the way you want to (even on a Giant) and then tell us all about it (in the off-topic area obviously).

South Bound":26djlegu said:
Life is about experiences, not stuff. Go racing the way you want to (even on a Giant) and then tell us all about it (in the off-topic area obviously).
Absolutely. All I wanted to say was don't think a new bike will make you meaningfully faster. You're already doing that by going out and riding more.

chris667":1ddcur8k said:
South Bound":1ddcur8k said:
Absolutely. All I wanted to say was don't think a new bike will make you meaningfully faster. You're already doing that by going out and riding more.

know it wont make me much if any faster it will just be less of a harsh ride and a little more agile on climbs and il be more confident throwing it around as its not 18 years old :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"and il be more confident throwing it around as its not 18 years old "

i could provide you with some links of other things getting ridden and while they are a great deal older than 18 they seem to cope with having a panting , sweating man on top of them

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you work in a Bike shop? Couldn't you take one out on a test ride and time yourself over a set distance or over a lap of a course?

perry":2quwwzxp said:
i could provide you with some links of other things getting ridden and while they are a great deal older than 18 they seem to cope with having a panting , sweating man on top of them

i bet you can too :shock: :roll: :p

icantthinkofausername":3grn64vh said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you work in a Bike shop? Couldn't you take one out on a test ride and time yourself over a set distance or over a lap of a course?

only about 10 shops stock the giant model i want i im not one of them iv'e tested it and loved it on a giant industry promo day the thing about it is do i shop in the clockwork for a bike i really took a shine too as i cant afford both :? :?

cannondale king":7lu5ult9 said:
know it wont make me much if any faster it will just be less of a harsh ride and a little more agile on climbs and il be more confident throwing it around as its not 18 years old :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
If it was 18 years old and carbon fibre I might agree with you. But the P7 is steel. Providing it's in OK condition, if anything, I'd trust it over new carbon.
Saying it's less of a harsh ride and more agile on climbs before you've even ridden just shows the rep has already sold it to you.
But like I say, no harm done if you do want one.

chris667":3qscv9yl said:
cannondale king":3qscv9yl said:
If it was 18 years old and carbon fibre I might agree with you. But the P7 is steel. Providing it's in OK condition, if anything, I'd trust it over new carbon.
Saying it's less of a harsh ride and more agile on climbs before you've even ridden just shows the rep has already sold it to you.
But like I say, no harm done if you do want one.
check the post above matey already tried it on a promo day i didn't think much of them til i tried it thats when i thought i must have this machine and it normaly takes a lot for me to do that :LOL: :LOL:

Back