Cinder Cone budget build

Really like it a lot - colour and decals are spot on too! Nice work man!

Really nice end result! I really love how the angle of the top tube and stem are so alike. What wheels are they?

oliverrr":35csafnz said:
Really nice end result! I really love how the angle of the top tube and stem are so alike. What wheels are they?

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, much appreciated :)

Totally agree with the post above regarding the top tube / stem symmetry. I tried explaining it to my wife but she just looked at me with a vacant stare :)

The wheels are nothing special, Vuelta Airline rims on STX RC hubs. They do the job though but I might be looking to change those first if I do do anything further to it.

That looks rather epic .......I’m in the middle of my own teenage lust project ( elevated chain stay )and if it looks anywhere near as good as yours will be well happy ....here’s dipping my hat to you

Re:

Awesome restoration of a classic kona.
Glad I was able to help with the rather rough 'project' frameset. A top notch job!!

37tattoos":25ivzw7o said:
That looks rather epic .......I’m in the middle of my own teenage lust project ( elevated chain stay )and if it looks anywhere near as good as yours will be well happy ....here’s dipping my hat to you

Cheers, it helps that I have a full stocked paint scheme and spray booth at my disposal when it came to the painting bit. The actual building was mostly new to me especially square taper bottom brackets, threaded headsets and quill stems so it took a bit of working out and some new tools for the shed.

Look forward to seeing yours when done, sounds like a nice project :)

Re: Re:

stocko":3a93u7w1 said:
Awesome restoration of a classic kona.
Glad I was able to help with the rather rough 'project' frameset. A top notch job!!

Haha thanks Paul, no inference meant with the ‘rough’ bit. When you’re used to working on high end vehicle accident repair you tend to see plenty of defects in the paint! It was free of dents and dings to be fair :)

Back