What have you found at the tip ??!!

longbeech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After my latest find, see "Bob and Harry" in the road bike forum, I thought I would put a list together of the main finds over the past year or so. Interested to see how other areas compare with Hampshire.
I have probably missed a couple and have left off components and wheels.

MTBs
Specialized Hardrock A2
Trek 4300, 3700 (donated to the scouts) and an 800 antelope
2 GT Arrowheads - One gone to Pickle
3 Carrera Kraken 1 Complete 2 Frame only
Scott Tampico frame
Jamis Explorer 1 and Durango
Marin Palisades, Bolinas and a shoreline trail (frames)
Dynatech Mission,- gone to Russell
Schwinn Mesa

Roadies
Worksop Sun
Nigel Dean - Full bike with campy groupset
70s Bianchi Full bike
Mtrax 100 Race
Carrera vitesse - With my brother
And Bob and Harry (Jackson and Quinn respectively)

Happy Days

:D :D :D :D

Where is this tip?!! some cracking finds there, the local tip here has nothing but halford specials etc :roll:

However through my work we are clearing a rough area of houses in town(usual scum, junkies etc) and one of the houses set to be knocked down but residents not out yet there is an old GT layed outside, i have no idea what model it is yet but looks like the owner isn't interested in it(chain off and rusted) so i might try and get a hold of that....

Dont bother going to the tip unless you live in an affluent area if you want good finds.
In midlothian all you get is cheapo hi tensile steel stuff that gets you laughed at or commiserated :cry: :oops: :roll:

Makes you sick what some people find !!!!!

Al I've found is 2 x universal shopper bikes, a Konnect girls atb, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh kids bikes and a Triumph Tempest 10 spd.

Sigh.....................

Plenty of compost....

And a couple of cassette decks - the missus is still living in the 70s.

Bike stuff- you should see how much I SEND to the tip each month. Nothing useful mind.

I have never even had a sniff .... Tip ....car boot ... charity shop ...Not even a manky saddle :cry: :LOL:

I wonder what I'd find at the local Sydenham tip...but I kinda think they won't let me take anything away anyway.

velomaniac":208aqwqn said:
Dont bother going to the tip unless you live in an affluent area if you want good finds.
In midlothian all you get is cheapo hi tensile steel stuff that gets you laughed at or commiserated :cry: :oops: :roll:

Al I've found is 2 x universal shopper bikes, a Konnect girls atb, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh kids bikes and a Triumph Tempest 10 spd.

Yeah ,we're poor up here ,you guys find whole bikes ,we are lucky to get a complete wheel :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":3dyk13bh said:
velomaniac":3dyk13bh said:

Yeah ,we're poor up here ,you guys find whole bikes ,we are lucky to get a complete wheel :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: Indeed! they strip anything they can make a £ on then scrap the rest :)

Back