Youngest Retrobike member?

Back on topic now!

daj":2ot9xod0 said:
He is a wee nipper at the grand age of 16 !! :D
All of my retro bikes are older than you! In fact most would be able to buy alcohol legally, drive cars and vote if only they weren't old bits of metal!

I find it quite a common occurence youngsters being into all things retro. When i frequented 'retro' motorbike forums there were always quite alot of the younger generation(myself included) into bikes from before our time. Same goes for cars etc retro really is a state of mind i reckon, and if it's the stuff you like, who cares how old you are or it is :D

Glad to see the younger folks. it a shame they have to see this though.

Regarding the word thing - you bunch of ****wits!

stereotype

Function: noun
Etymology: French stéréotype, from stéré- stere- + type
Date: 1817
1 : a plate cast from a printing surface
2 : something conforming to a fixed or general pattern; especially : a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group and that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or uncritical judgment
- ste·reo·typ·i·cal /"ster-E-&-'ti-pi-k&l/ also ste·reo·typ·ic /-pik/ adjective
- ste·reo·typ·i·cal·ly /-pi-k(&-)lE/ adverb

rac·ism

Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi- Function: noun Date: 1936 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 2 : racial prejudice or discrimination - rac·ist /-sist also -shist/ noun or adjective

This really pisses me off. Idiots who think they should point out anything vaguely un-pc as racism.

There is a recent trend to label anything vaguely stereotypical as 'racism'. This is wrong. It does not represent what is actually going on and only goes to strengthen the divide amonst cultures. Before 9/11, we were all quite happily poking fun at each other without the PC brigade frothing at the mouth. Now its posts on the forum about what is a very funny and well thought out bit of artwork. I have friends in the USAF who find this VERY funny.

Grow the **** up.

dyna , it was only "racist" once you yourself distinguished the people in the picture were something different from yourself , nobody noticed or even cared about the people in the picture , just a culture they represent

it wouldave been more "racist" to put someone white ( or of eastern persuasion ) as well as those used , for that would be reinforcing the knee jerk reaction that if you dont mention every creed , colour or religion your racist

SuperStock_1612R-19360.jpg

Completely pc humour, now wouldn't that be amusing :(

If you can't laugh at things including yourself might as well give up, made me chuckle anyway

My kid has been brought up with laughing at all sorts of race and gender jokes, think it has made her less likely to be a bigot or a bully
Doesn't make us racist,homophobic or anti-semetic, just able not to take things too seriously.

Back