1993 Orange Prestige

Thanks everyone, I'd secretly hoped it would break the 20lb barrier, but really wasn't sure it was going to happen. To say I was pleasantly surprised when it went on the scales is an understatement :D
Jimo, I'm not usually one for coloured anodizing but I've had the hubs for years and my mate sold me the cranks cheap so thought I'd go with it!

Looks fun - out of interest, will that road rear wrap the chain in small-small or does it go slack? Slack is fine I think, the big one to ensure is that it will still wrap big-big.

Hamster, yes it goes slack in small/small, not perfect but I find that if it's in the granny ring then I tend to be on the bigger sprockets at the back anyway and it only gets slack when it gets about half way down the cassette.

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige - Weenie rebuild

This is a great build, well done. I had a 92 Prestige BITD and loved it. It was about 5lb heavier than this one :LOL:

A few little updates, mostly because I wanted some of the bits for other bikes and thanks to 2manyoranges I finally have some Onza pedal cleats. DSC_1193.JPG DSC_1194.JPG DSC_1195.JPG DSC_1196.JPG DSC_1197.JPG DSC_1198.JPG DSC_1199.JPG DSC_1200.JPG DSC_1191.JPG Lost a little bit more weight though 😁 19lb 6oz, I think that's about as far as I can sensibly take it.

Last edited:
Back