1989 Specialized Stumpjumper - Update 5/11/09

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
For me, the Specialized Stumpjumper is an iconic MTB. It is a no frills, get the job done bike.

And thats what I like about the way this has been built.

All I am waiting on is some white Stumpjumper decals for the downtube from Gil, and I may put some L-bend bar ends on.

But for now I'm just going to enjoy riding it......

Update 5/11/09 - Direct Drive forks on

Attachments

• Specialized Stumpjumper.jpg
    Specialized Stumpjumper.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5,038
your front mech is waay too high up the seattube. the outer plate needs to be 1-3mm above the big ring.

yeahh, nice clean build, well done. Interesting to see how you get on with it compared to your GT's.

My first proper bike that was. I guess one of the reasons I'm in the sport is that I bought a used stumpy as my first MTB. FWIW I'd say a black post would balance the forks better visually. Or is the fork planned to go red too?

Enjoy!!

gotta love stimpies! Looks awesome. Memories of Ned & Tomac and the reason i swopped the bmx for the mtb.

Great work

scant":38s2orot said:
your front mech is waay too high up the seattube. the outer plate needs to be 1-3mm above the big ring.

It had Biopace 48t - now with the round 46t its a little high but still shifts fine.
Looks good though, I blessed it with a set of XT cantis before waving bye bye.

legrandefromage":5bqhcr5i said:
scant":5bqhcr5i said:

It had Biopace 48t - now with the round 46t its a little high but still shifts fine.

it would shift even better if set up correctly ;)

Re: 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper

Pickle":3hpwetp5 said:
It is a no frills, get the job done bike.

And thats what I like about the way this has been built.

Absolutely agree with you, no nonsense bike. Clean build mate, like it :twisted:

cant beat a rigid ride for that connect ot mother earth feel (and the aching wrists after a couple of miles riding)

Latest posts

Back