My Azonic DS1 Project

Thanks Rick. I think you've done a nice job there to be fair! The frames look so good in standard form imo. Looks great for a budget build.

Re:

This build is going to make me a bit jealous, had one meself early noughties, and have been gathering parts to build one back up, unfortunately I've had to go with the evolution frame as I've not been able to get a good DS1, pic. of my orig build Zonic

Attachments

• ZONIC.JPG
    ZONIC.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 1,093
Looks lovely that. Is that the 16" frame? I remember there being an evolution frame. Is it much different? Any pictures? I adore the M1 you built, I've also got an 03 M1 which I'm looking forward to building up.

Re:

Yes it was a 16" sold it my mate whos still got it n refuses to sell it me back!! :evil: not sure of the exact difference but the Evolution came just after the DS1, hence the name as i recall, only reason i bought it rather than a DS is cause it was very tidy and rate money ;) only pic i have is this one part built, also have a NOS MRP n some Hope Biguns and IRC Kujo's to go on when a get round to it

Attachments

• intense m1.JPG
    intense m1.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 1,081
That looks really well. The MRP looks as though it's in excellent condition there, might be worth holding on to the NOS one you have? Where did you get the seat post from? I was after one for mine! Nice to see a later one in good condition. Mine is also black, but was thinking of spraying it red.

That Tazer is also stunning.

Small update, most parts are done now, just need to finish helitaping the frame and decide how I'm going to route the rear brake hose neatly as the frame guides are only meant for gear cables. My friend designs and makes 3D printed parts for things like this so I'll probably ask him about fitting something to the existing guides which the hose can be fixed to.

p5pb19767499.jpg

Started refurbishing the rear mech too:

p5pb19767498.jpg

Wow! This is gonna be awesome :cool: My fave era and one of the few wishlist frames I haven't owned . . . yet :facepalm: Super-envious of the NOS MRP too - would love one for my Bullit.

rich860":3vrch0ma said:
Small update, most parts are done now, just need to finish helitaping the frame and decide how I'm going to route the rear brake hose neatly as the frame guides are only meant for gear cables. My friend designs and makes 3D printed parts for things like this so I'll probably ask him about fitting something to the existing guides which the hose can be fixed to.

You will likely cringe at the idea but with my mk1 Chameleon I just pushed through the cable stops with a chisel. A good sharp chisel will go through the aluminium like cheese.

Absolutely tremendous! A friend had one of these, which meant I couldn’t! Love the Intense as well.

Those MRP’s are a SCORE!

Back