Youngest Retrobike member?

"Unless of course it's someone that uses text speak all the time so you can kinda guess the type "

yeah , a fooking moron :LOL:

greenfinger":oxn012th said:
Rsmith":oxn012th said:
Wot U on bout innit. :LOL:

word.jpg

:cool:
I have this pic also,funny yes ,racist definitely,i would never dream of posting shite like that
All your doing is telling people ur a ****[add your own]

dyna-ti":13kthwpl said:
greenfinger":13kthwpl said:
Rsmith":13kthwpl said:

word.jpg

I have this pic also,funny yes ,racist definitely,i would never dream of posting shite like that

Get a grip it's got nothing to do with race! :roll: It is aimed at the youth of today and the rap culture they follow, be it 50 cent or eminem(i'm not into rap btw) and the way in which they will not be bothered to write and use short text slang instead. Its people like you jumping on the pc bandwagon creating something from nothing that causes the bother. I suggest you go and have a think about what was really meant by the post before talking like that to people you have not one clue about

Still offensive to most :?
And please believe me im not 'jumping on the bandwagon' as you put it ,i just dont think there is any place for this here

Thread title
youngest member ???how or why that has to do with a slightly racist pic is beyond me ,ok i can see that you were meaning that it relates to Youth ,but its the wrong example
a pic of youth culture without any negativity would have been acceptable to everyone
I'm not digging at you GF but it can give others the wrong impression of you even when no offence is implied
I dont believe you to be racist,but its in my nature to challenge all such things
Sorry mate i hope i didnt upset you

@ the above, this is surely not racist? more a comment on a 'scene'... if you want to be super-analytical then i guess the people pictured could have been a little more 'diverse' but then we all use stereotypes from time to time and nothing malicious is meant by it. it should be remembered that the nature of forums such as this means that from time to time people will post things that others feel are inappropriate, but my personal view is that these objections should be measured and not reactionary (ie. count to ten etc :D )

dyna-ti":3d4quvdt said:
greenfinger":3d4quvdt said:
Rsmith":3d4quvdt said:

word.jpg

I don't follow your logic. It's acceptable for you to have this pic on your PC for personal consumption and amusement, but if someone posts it in a public place you point the finger and suggest they're (a) **** (I've not fully worked out the range of what "****" could be)?

By inference you're suggesting it's OK behind closed doors but not in public. It's ok to be a ****, just not a public one? I'm not defending the content, just highlighting what feels like double standards. By all means tell me if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but as written it's pretty hollow.

If that's racist I'm a top notch rider & hung like a donkey :roll:

I've got lots of pics that are racist to all faiths and creeds ,i can see the humour but i still think theres no place for it

This could lead to a debate on what is considered funny and what is offensive
a similar debate has been in the press recently.

But if you want my opinion and your getting it anyway
what do we see portrayed exactly ?
A office program with African Americans on the cover [not a mix of creeds ,1 specific group]
Implication -this group is possibly illiterate and given the history of oppression Which includes ridicule then this IS a Racist statement
Not meant as racist but very much so
Sorry this is how i read it as i said not digging at the poster or any one else ,i just think there is no place for this on an international forum

Put it to our Mods,if they think its not offensive in anyway then i accept their decision on this

I think this has went far enough, we've expressed our opinions so we'll leave it at that. Nothing was meant by it other than taking the michael out of the youngsters scene in good nature. By all means it can be deleted and i won't be offended or bothered really tbh as it was only a bit of daftness, not some secret motive or beliefs of my own i'd like to convey to all on a mtb forum

Back