Bushing with stopper pin for Deore XT M739 V brakes

geb257

Dirt Disciple
I've managed to find a nice complete set of Deore XT M739 V brakes. Unfortunately somewhere in the process of removing them, packing and shipping them to me one of the stopper pins has gone missing. Without this one arm is pretty much useless, any chance someone has one lying around!? Not sure if they're specific to the M739s, I have a set of Alivio V brakes but the equivalent part is significantly different.

Attachments

• missing_m739_pin.jpg
    missing_m739_pin.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 514
  • missing_m739_pin_2.jpg
    missing_m739_pin_2.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 514
Re:

I might have one, had a few spare bits left over from some knackered brakes. I'll check.

Re:

Yes! The one still installed within the brake looks like it's what I'm missing. Please PM me your email and we can sort out details.

Re:

Seems like these tension pins might not be unique to the M739s, Shimano V brakes of a similar vintage may well use the same design which might add a few needles into the haystack....

Re:

Weekend bump. Would be interested in a full pair if anyone has one, anything to get these M739s on the bike!

Hi geb257, you need at least 30 posts before you can PM other members, may be why you can not contact ishaw.

I will drop him a pm and let him know you have been trying to contact him.

Re:

Sorry, should have clarified that. I did make contact with Ishaw, he very kindly sent the part over, however, it was unfortunately mangled beyond the point of being useable, so back on the hunt.

Latest posts

Back