Rarest of the rare thread.

My LeMond

Here's a good "rarest of the rare"...

I just picked this up through a private sale. There were only 10 made! It's a LeMond "Z" mountain bike, Santana-made, from Record OR tubeset. I'd love to hear back from someone else who has one.

Another "rarest of the rare"...
A 27.0 titanium seatpost that has setback. I'm trying to get one, but can't find anything anywhere.

Attachments

• My LeMond mtb 1.jpg
    My LeMond mtb 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,868
Re: My LeMond

wickedwheels":zssra30g said:
Another "rarest of the rare"...
A 27.0 titanium seatpost that has setback. I'm trying to get one, but can't find anything anywhere.

Can't think of any layback/setback posts in 27.0 that were actually made in Ti.

The only layback posts I've found in 27.0 are older Easton CT2 carbon posts or M900/M910 XTR posts (which are also Easton - Al not carbon though)

Moots? They had a bit of a kick back..?

** cue that photo again ** :LOL:

kingroon":1z993w42 said:
Moots? They had a bit of a kick back..?

** cue that photo again ** :LOL:

Not made in 27.0 though....well at least not anymore.

I was also looking a while back and came up with nothing, so if there is anything I'd also like to know :)

I just posted the same request for a post on the Serotta forum and they clued me in to a couple.

American Classic used to make an MTB Ti post in 27.0mm

Also, Bold Precision can make a custom one, I think. I just e-mail him. I'll let you know how it works out.

www.boldprecision.com

-WW-

wickedwheels":24qnelgc said:
I just posted the same request for a post on the Serotta forum and they clued me in to a couple.

American Classic used to make an MTB Ti post in 27.0mm

-WW-

american classic, kingsbery & older litespeed, essentially all the same make if that helps your search :)

Re: My LeMond

wickedwheels":200zyfc6 said:
I just picked this up through a private sale. There were only 10 made! It's a LeMond "Z" mountain bike, Santana-made, from Record OR tubeset. I'd love to hear back from someone else who has one.

I love that bike. Didn't Bob Roll used to ride one when he rode for 'Z' off road or something similarly odd?

scant":1papsfu1 said:
american classic, kingsbery & older litespeed, essentially all the same make if that helps your search :)

From the the only pictures I found of those none were layback though.

Can I join in? Can anyone point me to another Fisher RS1 Pro?

I reckon mine in the condition it's in is rare.

I saw one on the bay couple of months back but it was totally bastardised.

Would love to make contact with another owner.

Back