Bianchi Martini Racing Titanio Team 1997

Re: Re:

Rank_21":2sl1bqel said:
Nice they look similar to these, the older version
Wow these are lovely !
The rear derailleur works superbly and effortlessly with the M970 shifters i have - slick accurate shifting.
I recommend it - rare as anything and very nicely made - I think higher quality than M950 for sure and not far off M900.

Re: Bianchi Reparto Corse Ti Martini FRM Ritchey WCS

I'm waiting for mine to arrive, gonna try a near full french made build except levers

Rank_21":18swayqs said:
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, gonna try a near full french made build except levers
That’ll be interesting to see. EGS levers can be found I think - which will make it all French!
I did a Euro build on my Raleigh dynatech decade (on my sig) Sachs new success front and rear mechs - Sachs power grip extreme shifters - Xlite, Hope, Campag Record OR/Euclid/Centaur for the rest - but I was unable to change the M900 headset as it’s custom
Made for the frame/fork.

I must admit, I’m really impressed with the Mars rear mech - build quality is very good - almost on par with the indestructible Sachs New Success!

Your right I'd overlooked egs, they did have levers that accompanied their shifters. Similar to these:

https://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx ... 665a85248a .
Presuming they are vbrake compatible.

I was planning on the same shifters as the one's on your decade build in 8 speed. I wonder if the older sachs shifters were indeed built by egs for sachs?...The egs shifters are an acquired taste though
As for cranks and headset: Stronglight rockstrong (who also used the same quarz derailleur and shifters in their groupset in gold!).
By the way, I really like those euclid pedals too for their size. Much more beautiful than the equivalent XT version.

ibbz":usb2d7zt said:
Rank_21":usb2d7zt said:
Lovely set up. I just contacted someone through a french announcement site for that particular mars 9000 derailleur. I'm guessing you went through the same person? Good derailleur?. I like the frm components. Been wondering wether they ever made vbrakes and levers. I know they made those pre vbrake styled cantis but haven't found anything there after.
I bought the mech from here recently - from Philipe. I believe he has another
It was €90 inc delivery NOS and really classy and nice!

I've bought the other one, but who knows he may have more...

Rank_21":2e4jxjfh said:
Your right I'd overlooked egs, they did have levers that accompanied their shifters. Similar to these:

https://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx ... 665a85248a .
Presuming they are vbrake compatible.

I was planning on the same shifters as the one's on your decade build in 8 speed. I wonder if the older sachs shifters were indeed built by egs for sachs?...The egs shifters are an acquired taste though
As for cranks and headset: Stronglight rockstrong (who also used the same quarz derailleur and shifters in their groupset in gold!).
By the way, I really like those euclid pedals too for their size. Much more beautiful than the equivalent XT version.
I’ve a spare set of those shifters. 8 speed.
I haven’t been able to find the stronglight anywhere ever - I really like those a lot.
The Euclid’s were the most comfortable secure and Indestructible I’ve ever used. But heavy.

It's looking great!

Have you seen the carbon frm forks on eBay currently?

Bit pricey but nice

Magpiegifts":2zrtmag6 said:
It's looking great!

Have you seen the carbon frm forks on eBay currently?

Bit pricey but nice
I’m sure they’re 29”

Back