• European Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Alloy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I gotta CAD 8 Snappanfail
17lb wet through
can't beat the performance.
Would like an old lugged colnago, but only as a garage queeen.

Well this was an obvious call years ago. But now the question would be - steel vs aluminum/w a little carbon here and there. Thanks to the carbon, the aluminum ride is a lot more cushy than it used to be, while clearly lighter.

I'm still a Reynolds 853 man myself though. :D

And if I could get any bike it would be a Steelman-closely followed by Sycip.

Steel all the way! Book yourself on the Dave Yates fram building course and design and make your own!

Euro Steel

For the road Euro steel for sure.
custom size Merckx corsa SLX - the ultimate. :D

Euro steel - indeed English steel - Dave Russell 531C road bike - Columbus Roberts off road/tourer

But then North American as in Canadian Alloy as in my Cervelo Soloist Team and P2K

Favourite bike though has to be Soloist Carbon

If I could have only one heart says Dave Russell

My heart is with Euro steel with campag. Which is why I ride US steel with campag, but the plan is when it is rebuilt it will be a all US build (Sram) then I will have to get a Euro steel bike as well.

DE ROSA

I gotta mix an match :?

i ride a modern DE ROSA steel CORUM and is absolutely awesome to ride.

it is super stiff yet absorbs shock effectively..

Yet i owned a 97 CHRIS CHANCE and that too was fantastic and very european in design :D

Got a NOS CIOCC to do a retro build too..lugs, chrome and classic Italian looks.

I would swap my Master anytime for that Nighstorm Quantum Pro :shock:

After all I´m a big Colnago-fan!

MasterValmis.jpg

Shamus, please stop posting your Colnago as it is far too beautiful and causes my heart to feel a certain degree of sadness. I think comparing one beautiful steel frame to another is very tough regardless of the builder but this Colnago is a classic example of European excellence.

Aluminium and/or carbon bikes are clearly superb but on aesthetics steel has to win (or does that just betray the bikes I loved when I was growing up?).

Back