Site Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the replies. The problem is with the google custom search on a desktop and an ipad.

On the desktop the search result is always empty. On the ipad the search bar is always blued out and non-responsive.

Spam. Spam and fcuking more spam. Is there something we can put on the registration input process like a Q&A, with actual mod's checking the answers so we don't end up with the daily deluge?

Re:

They do really do need to sort it .....

I’d suggest to start charging a £1 fee to register. I’d happily pay it and the proceeds can go towards the site and that will stop spammers a bit

al-onestare":3qrmd4vi said:
Spam. Spam and fcuking more spam. Is there something we can put on the registration input process like a Q&A, with actual mod's checking the answers so we don't end up with the daily deluge?

Bump

Re:

hey guys,

i'll say this first, i am no computer expert and i have no ability to change the way the site is designed or run, i'm just here mod wise to oversee the forum to stop problems as much as i can.

with that said, yes we do seem to getting alot of russian spam at the moment, so i'd ask that if you see it hit the report button.

i log on on as much as i can but i'm super busy at the shop, but highlighting those threads make it way more obvious when i'm looking for them to delete them and obvs ban the spam account.

so thanks for reporting them and i'll delete them as quick as i can.

thanks

Re:

Certainly not a criticism of you or the other mods: you all do a sterling job.

This one sits with the owner.

al-onestare":1zytngci said:
al-onestare":1zytngci said:

Bump

Bump

Even though this platform is freeware there are plenty of spammer countermeasures that can be deployed. It would make life easier for the mods.

Just reported 6 spammers that joined in the last 2hrs. 2 of them filled in 6 pages of posts all in Cyrillic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back