Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:24 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
Yes the bottom left of the 'A' 'E' and 'H' are pretty much in line. The 'R' extends a fraction further. Afaict the 'G' and 'H' should 'fall past the others' on the right?- the top right corner of drive-side 'H' and bottom left corner of non-drive-side 'R' look to reach the centre line of the frame in your photo.

If I get adventurous I'll do drive and non-drive-side on one piece of paper!

Yes, it's a Holdsworth Special.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:43 pm 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:51 am
Posts: 2860
Location: Camel Land
Someone on here should produce the accurate decals as I’m sure a few would purchase


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:45 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am
Posts: 516
Location: Hogland
torqueless wrote:
Yes the bottom left of the 'A' 'E' and 'H' are pretty much in line. The 'R' extends a fraction further. Afaict the 'G' and 'H' should 'fall past the others' on the right?- the top right corner of drive-side 'H' and bottom left corner of non-drive-side 'R' look to reach the centre line of the frame in your photo.

If I get adventurous I'll do drive and non-drive-side on one piece of paper!

Yes, it's a Holdsworth Special.


This is the picture from H Lloyd website and is will showing the old type without the tweaked A. This is the decal used for painted panel so two the same are used. These are on clear backing so placement regards centre line will be in the hands of the painter, owner etc . The other two decals are complete panel ... one with wide and with narrow yellow bands so will be different. The font you've done is brilliant and this was my major gripe as to me it sticks out like a sore thumb.... the placement of all of the decal by the SBDU seems to vary by who was applying them.. :)

I think this is your early version but we can clearly see the vast improvement.


Attachments:
P1020785~2.JPG
P1020785~2.JPG [ 165.78 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]
raleigh-team-professional-seat-tube-transfer_1024x1024.jpg
raleigh-team-professional-seat-tube-transfer_1024x1024.jpg [ 3.74 KiB | Viewed 225 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:21 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
Here's the latest, modified as I suggested to conform more closely to your photos on previous page:
The issue now is that the right side of 'R' (the rounded part) also seems to have reached the centre line.. :evil:


Attachments:
P1020791.JPG
P1020791.JPG [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 219 times ]
P1020790.JPG
P1020790.JPG [ 1.4 MiB | Viewed 219 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am
Posts: 516
Location: Hogland
Thinking about it...as long as the left side is constant, the letters are all different widths so maybe they will fall differently when applied to the curved surface of the tube..err maybe he says scratching head.... :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:12 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
I think what's happened is that I've over-italicised the 'R' by a degree or two, compared to the other letters. If I bring it back to conform to the other letters I can move the curve back from the centre line.

Quote:
Someone on here should produce the accurate decals as I’m sure a few would purchase

I would be quite happy to send the drawing to the relevant decal producer gratis, if it can be useful to them. On the understanding that I am not personally commissioning such a decal. I don't own a Raleigh and have neither plans, prospects nor desire of owning one.. no offence.. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
Phew.... and guess who's run out of natural light?


Attachments:
P1020795.JPG
P1020795.JPG [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 199 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 2887
torqueless wrote:
I think what's happened is that I've over-italicised the 'R' by a degree or two, compared to the other letters. If I bring it back to conform to the other letters I can move the curve back from the centre line.

Quote:
Someone on here should produce the accurate decals as I’m sure a few would purchase

I would be quite happy to send the drawing to the relevant decal producer gratis, if it can be useful to them. On the understanding that I am not personally commissioning such a decal. I don't own a Raleigh and have neither plans, prospects nor desire of owning one.. no offence.. :wink:
and I guess on the understanding that if an end user has issues with your interpretation of the transfer, no liability/blame rests with your good self


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:54 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
Yes, thanks pigman.. You read me like a book.. :)
As vcballbat has shown, the existing transfer is obviously in the way of some people getting their frame refinished. He can't be the only one? I'm trying to remember if he's the only one on these threads? Anyhow, if there's a problem, I guess it must be a long standing one. Including an alternative transfer along with the existing one couldn't do much harm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1302
Apart from having kept my big chainring-sized panel, I think this is about as close as I can get to what I can see of SB3505 on the previous page. I've shifted a few letters incrementally left and right. Mainly the 'E' and 'I' to the right. Panel is 45mm wide, which should be pretty close to half a seat tube circumference.


Attachments:
P1020796.JPG
P1020796.JPG [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 155 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RobLoasby, SimonJC and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2021 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group